buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Which way do I go?

I could go so many different directions right now. I really could.

I could totally go off about how a certain someone claimed to me that he made all of the necessary arrangements to ensure that his child support payments were being made since he switched jobs - but with one phone call today, I disproved that claim.

I could vent about how I totally rearranged my entire evening (and the contents of the van) so that I could go meet someone to pick up a bookshelf that I was going to buy, but when I got to their house, they weren't home and after I moved the 8000 pound bookshelf across the yard by myself I found out that it wouldn't fit in the van anyway so I had to drag it back across the yard by myself.

I could complain about grocery shopping today, but it really wasn't that bad. After all, I got enough stuff to last us darned close to a month (plus a lot of non-food crap that we needed) for under $300. Not too bad. I should only have to go back to get things like eggs and milk and stuff like that - or at least that's the plan. I did the same thing last month and it actually ended up working out really well.

I'm also glad that I got all of the bills paid today, so that's one job that's out of the way. The girls are signed up for basketball again (yay) so it's just a matter of time until that starts.

There are some really great things going on in my life right now. I mean, really great. I've been able to reconnect with some people from my past. My kids are doing great in school. Things in general are just going well. And for that, I am so very thankful.

And that's why I refuse to allow simple-minded people to bother me. Sure, crap happens that irritates me - that's all a part of life. I might even get downright pissed off at them - but I get over it. And most of the time, I sit back and laugh. I've just gotten to a point in my life where I'm just not going to let them get me down. They can try - they can post snarky comments on here to try to humiliate me. They can try to make me look bad - don't care. They can do anything that they want to do, but they can't get to me.

It has taken me a long time to get to this stage in my life. I used to stress about what people thought about me, but I don't do that anymore. I was always living my life for someone else, and not for the most important person - me. Not anymore. My kids and I come first - no one else. This is my life, and I will live it my way. No one has to agree with my choices - because they are MINE.



Don't like what I have to say? Then don't read it. It's as simple as that.

7 comments:

  1. Wow!

    You're pretty GREAT you know that?
    SURE YOU DO!

    And those snarky comments... from those losers... well... They don't humiliate you.. THEY HUMULIATE THEMSELVES.

    Because honestly, if they think that online commentary is really going to tear you down, or make people dislike you... well, they're wrong.
    It makes them look chidish and cowardly...

    JUST SAYING.

    **HUGS**

    www.katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO, I LIVE BY THE SAYING

    IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME IT'S YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE.

    GOOD ONE DON'T YOU THINK.

    JUST KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING. THE KIDS WILL THANK YOU IN THE END. I CAN SEE YOUR A GOOD MOTHER AND I'M JUST A BLOG FRIEND. A PLUS FOR MOTHERHOOD.

    GRANNY TG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm new here and all, but based on that post.. I think you're a pretty smart woman and
    mom! I think you've hit the nail on the head. It's your life and you and your children come before anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone! I appreciate everything that you've said!

    Munch, welcome to the party! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.