buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Mechanic'n and Sewin'

You might remember a few weeks ago when Alex broke my van. I finally ordered the new piece that I needed to fix it after I gave up on trying to find one in a junkyard.

The nice shiny new part finally arrived today. I was a little hesitant about it, because it definitely did *not* look the same as the old one, but I was assured by the dealership that it would work, so I took it and headed home. Some friends had offered to come over this evening to help me replace it, because I knew that I was going to need a second set of hands to hold the weight of the van door while I switched the parts.

Anyway, I went outside early this afternoon and started messing around with it - I figured that I could get the job started, and then when they got there we could just finish it up and be done with it. While I was scoping out exactly what I needed to do, I heard a voice coming up from behind me. It was my neighbor's son - the one who came over a few months ago and cut down some of the annoying trees out in front of my house for me). Anyway, he asked what I was doing and I showed him, and then he yelled across the street to my other neighbor to come over and help, and between the three of us we got the part changed out in just a few minutes.

So I now have 2 fully functional sliding doors - and I will sell the next child who slams either one of them.

The majority of the day was spent doing laundry (*muttering under breath as I realize that I still have two loads of mine in the washer and dryer*) and cleaning and making supper and doing dishes and all of that fun stuff. But in between all of that I did manage to finish the other set of quilt blocks for the Christmas quilt block swap. I'm not completely crazy about this set, but that's typical. I never like my own stuff. LOL

Tomorrow is going to be a fun and crazy chaotic day. We have to all be up early so that I can drop Jared off with his father at 8:45 to do a Cub Scout thing, and then the girls are running in a 5K at 10:00 (I'm sitting this one out since I have Alex and Daniel with me). Then there are a couple of quilt shows that I'd like to go to, plus some friends are having a holiday open house for their Scentsy and Mary Kay businesses so I want to stop there. Alex's father is supposed to pick him up at 2:30 - we'll see how that goes. And I know that there was something else that I was supposed to do, but it's not in my datebook so if I forget something important, it's the datebook's fault. Uh huh. Yup.

I can blame the datebook, right?

3 comments:

  1. YAY for a fixed door! And I wouldn't sell the next kiddo that slams it, I would just give them to the gypsys. :P

    I think the quilt looks awesome so far. Did you ever get the other one from the first swap completely put together? Did I just miss it? It wouldn't surprise me if I did, because I've been super out of it lately. We need to catch up soon! Love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I'll sell 'em. That way I'll have the extra cash to pay for the next thing that breaks! ;)

    And, no, it's not assembled yet. I have the blocks, but I need to get some more fabric and figure out exactly how I want to do it. But it'll look cool. The blocks from the other participants are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO WAY I COULD DO WHAT YOU DO.

    GOOD JOB. BUY THE GUYS A PINT OF GOOD ICE CREAM FOR HELPING. FOR ME I'D RATHER HAVE A JAR OF THAT PLUM JAM.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.