buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A better day

You know, it's funny. I was joking around on my facebook page last night about wearing my bathrobe to church today if I didn't get my laundry done. I said "They're used to me running in there, usually about 5 minutes into the service, gasping for air, hair still dripping wet (if I was lucky enough to get a shower)...."

Well guess what? The kids and I ran in there about 5 minutes late, my hair was still wet, and I was out of breath. But we made it. The older three were happy to go to our church for a change, and the other people there were happy to see them since they don't get to go with me very often.

After church we came home and made lunch and I continued to work on cleaning and doing laundry.

Then we went outside.

I have this corner of my yard that just epitomizes the whole ghetto-riffic atmosphere. It appears that someone in the past started chucking branches there instead of getting rid of them, and over time the pile got bigger, some beer bottles were added to it, and stuff started to grow through it. It's not a huge area, but it's big enough to be an eyesore and it's a pain to mow around (see this post for more details on this particular subject) so I decided to get rid of it.


For the record, the piles of crap behind me are not mine. Those two huge trees are the property line - that stuff belongs to the neighbor.



Jared wanted to cut something.



Something tells me that these have been here for a while.


I got a lot of the big stuff bundled up, but I need to get some big lawn & leaf type bags to put the rest of the crap into, and then I can take it all to the landfill and get rid of it, and my yard will look somewhat better - just in time for winter. But at least I'm getting it done.

I found out last minute that I had to take Jared to a Boy Scout meeting - wasn't too thrilled about doing that, just for the time factor more than anything. Ex1 and I switched some time around - otherwise the older 3 wouldn't have even been here today - so I just didn't really want to have to leave early to take him to a meeting. But I did, and then Daniel and I came back here to hang out for a while. I was going to go back outside and work, but I lost my initiative somewhere. Oops.

Alex got home shortly after we did, with a fantastic surprise for me!



Huh. He never even told me that it was loose. I just hope that the permanent one moves into the hole and lines up with all of the other ones.

Tonight was haircut night for Daniel - and it was the first time ever that he didn't scream his head off the entire time. It was quite refreshing.


He looks so much like his father here. *sigh*


Kind of hard to tell the difference in the pictures, because he's going through this I Refuse To Cooperate For Any Sort Of Pictures phase. He can be such a turd at times.

Finally, bedtime. I had to call the girls at their father's house to find out where the official Tooth Fairy pillow was hidden, but it was located, the tooth was inserted, and Mr. Big Boy went to bed with the tooth pillow stashed neatly under his pillow.


Now, just hope and pray that the Tooth Fairy remembers to visit tonight....she's been known to forget once or twice before.

7 comments:

  1. Does the Tooth Fairy need a friendly reminder? If so, here it is. :P Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! TOOTH FAIRY TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TELL HIM TO BRUSH HIS TEETH GOOD EVERYDAY OR BY THE TIME HE'S MY AGE HE MAY NOT HAVE ANY TEETH. PLUS, WHEN THEY FALL OUT THERE'S NO TOOTH FAIRY FOR OLD TEETH. LOL. I'VE GOT ONE SO LOSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT KEEPS IT FROM FALLING OUT. REALLY, I'M NOT KIDDING.

    LOVE YOUR STORIES. KEEP THEM COMING.
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know the tooth fairy comes a day late at my house sometimes, too. I think it may be because there are so many children these days that he just can't make it to every house he/she is needed at every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, good one, Shanna - I'm going to have to remember that! Thankfully, after the Tooth Fairy was reminded (via the first comment) she did show up. Of course he was freaking out this morning because he thought that she'd just put the money under his pillow, and not actually in the pocket of the TF pillow. But then he figured it out and was happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tooth fairy has forgotten more than a few times here. I casually sneak in their room and throw the money on the floor next to their bed. Then I yell in excitement look (insert name) it mush have fallen on the floor. It has worked everytime so far. :)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.