buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A day of running (literally)

The morning started out with the girls participating in a 5K race...






They each got 3rd place medals for their age groups. :)

Before the race, we had some time to kill, so we wandered around by the dam and took a few pictures.







Then an art show, complete with an entire gymnasium full of quilts! *swoon*










Then we went to the playground for a while....










And to the library....




Then home for supper, baths, bedtime...the girls are watching a movie and I'm going to kick back and redo my nails (assuming that I can keep my eyes open) and clean the kitchen and the living room.

The older 3 go to church in the morning, and then Daniel and I have a full day planned until Alex comes back home tomorrow evening. Then finally we get back into the school routine on Monday.

I think I need a vacation.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an amazing day out with the kids Amy, big Congratulations to them for running 5k! i couldn't even run 1k if i tried lol! so Congrats on the medals.

    But looks like a lovely day you had, and seems the weather was on your side as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMY AND BEN, I JUST WANT YOU BOTH TO KNOW I CAN ROCK A FIVE K IN 30 MINUTES. LOL JUST A LITTLE HUMOR.

    HIG FIVE TO THE KIDS.
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben, they did great, and yes, the weather was wonderful. It was a little chilly in the morning, but as long as we stayed in the sun, it wasn't too bad. I wanted to run this one with them, but just couldn't work out the childcare details this time. I'm still going to do the half-marathon in May though. :)

    Granny, you should put a pedometer on your rocker! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun day!
    So Awesome!!!

    I love the pictures of the quilts.
    It's a skill I have never been able to do...
    Maybe when I'm a grandma, and no work.. I can concentrating, and learning to quilt.

    Sick Day for me today...
    So, I'll try and write and amazing post....

    www.katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.