buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Oh yes I did go out wearing that....

Today was really just a totally lazy day. I woke up still not feeling so hot, so I made the executive decision to skip church so that I could lay around and do nothing. The older 3 got up and pretty much got themselves ready (thank God we had some cereal so that I didn't have to actually cook something) and I just reminded them to grab a few things that they needed before their father got here to pick them up.

Alex went ahead and got himself dressed while I laid around and watched movies with him and Daniel, but Daniel hung out in his pajamas all day.

I ran out of Diet Pepsi, and I really needed to go across the street to get some, but I really just did not want to go anywhere. It took me all day to get up the motivation to even go that far.

Now, when I say that Alex was "dressed" I use that term loosely. I'm not exactly sure where he managed to find this pair of jeans, but I'm guessing that they might be Jared's - who is about 3" shorter and 20 pounds lighter than Alex. But, he was dressed. And he put shoes on too. (Temps were in the 60's for this adventure, so I didn't really care that he was wearing flip flops.)


I picked out some clothes for Daniel to put on, but he's now going through this phase where he must dress himself. He refused to do it for more than the first 4 years of his life, and now suddenly, he goes all nutso on me if I try to help him. But he "allowed" me to pick out clothes and then he put them on. I didn't realize until we got outside that his shirt was on backwards, so I did at least make him fix that before we crossed the street.

He picked out his shoes.


So we got into the store and wandered aimlessly for a while until I remembered what we were there for (Diet Pepsi....duh) and then we grabbed a few other things, checked out at the register and walked back home.

That's when I looked down at my own feet.


No. I did not go out like that. Did I?

Yes, yes I did. And the more I look at that picture, the more I think I look like something from the Wizard of Oz.

Now let me explain - not that there is any defense in going out like this, but there is an explanation. Sort of.

1. The sweats - eh, they're sweats. It's the weekend. I don't give a crap about them. They were clean and not torn up or skin tight or anything, so whatever. Anyone who has a problem with my sweats can kiss off because I won't give them up for anything.

2. The socks - ok, the socks are hideous. I admit it. But, the girls got them for me for Christmas, so I have to wear them occasionally. And even though they are ugly, they are actually really comfortable. And, if I wear the ugly festive socks on the weekends (or when I don't plan to go anywhere) it leaves more of my "normal" white socks to wear in public - especially when laundry needs to be done. I consider wearing the ugly festive socks to be part of laundry budgeting - wear them to save the white ones for later.

3. The shoes - ay yi yi....I know, I know, I know. BUT there is a story here. When Crocs became popular, I swore that I would never ever ever ever wear them. They're ugly. I mean really ugly. But then I tried a few pairs on and started thinking hey these are kind of comfortable....still, I held out.

I think I was pregnant with Daniel when I finally got this pair. I was carrying a kid (Jared?) through the shoe store and was looking for a pair that I liked. There was a reason for buying them though - as I got bigger and bigger, it became harder and harder for me to bend over to put shoes on my fat feet. Remember, this was also when I still had my original hip, and so moving in general was difficult and painful. I needed something that I could just slip on and off of my feet. Anyway, I was carrying this pair but had no intentions of buying them because, well, look at them.

Then Jared decided that he was going to puke - in the middle of the store, all over me, and all over the generic knock-off Crocs in my hand. So yeah, I bought them. And I wear them when the situation calls for them. To the lake, or mowing the grass, or to the store when I feel like crap and don't want to lean over to put real shoes on my feet.

However, after seeing how ridiculous I actually looked, I may think twice before I wear them again.

Or not.

It's not like I'm out to impress anyone. I'm me. Love me or not.

8 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie. You have earned being able to wear whatever the heck you want. But, funny!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you click your heels together to get back home? Bob from Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm part of the school that thinks there's nothing wrong with Crocs! I like them. So just hope that's who sees you when you go out in them! LOL

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok....I personally do not see anything wrong what-so-ever with the socks, OR the crocs. Crocs seriously have to be the most comfy shoe in the world to slip on when the need arises. I don't think they are that ugly, and as long as you don't wear them with dress clothes to church (yeah, I've seen a lot of weird crap down here in TX) I think they're fine. I have 2 pairs, both of which were Joe's mom's before she died, and I 100% LOVE them.

    The socks completely rock. But this is also coming from the girl that has 87 pairs of Christmas socks (okay, not really, but I do have enough that I can wear a different pair every day in December and never repeat them (and I have festive socks for just about every holiday....yeah, I know). If you don't like them, you could always ship them to me. I will wear the crap out of them for you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crocs? Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! THis is exactly why I have never slipped a pair on. I refuse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I think we all have had those moments where we must have a magic mirror at home. I know I have! I only wear my 'good' sweats out in public!!!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE SWEATS.I LOVE BEING ME ALSO. HIGH FIVE AMY.


    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.