buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Another day...

I don't think it could have started out any more beautiful than it did. The sunrise that greeted me as I took the kids to school this morning was stunning, and reminded me once again that life does go on - no matter what happens, there is always another tomorrow to be had.

As much as I miss the mountains back home, there is something to be said for the sunrises and sunsets out here. They fill up the entire sky, with nothing to block them. It still amazes me, even after living out here for this long.

(Ignore the filthy windshield - it is Kansas, after all.)

Out of the 4 traps that were set last night, this was the only sign of success this morning...and boy, he was angry! There are 2 more traps set on my property tonight (that I saw, anyway - there may be more) so hopefully we'll get rid of some more of the cats soon.

I know, I know....some people don't agree with it, but I can't run the risk of one of the kids getting bitten or scratched or inadvertently running into icky cat poo. The cats need to go away. Apparently, the neighbor who has been feeding them is a bit upset that animal control is involved now - but as far as I'm concerned, if she wants to feed them, then she needs to have them all spayed/neutered and up-to-date on shots. So there.

Breakfast of champions before I went on a cleaning binge around the house. And before anyone questions my drug of choice, it's ibuprofen (with a caffeine chaser). My knees were hurting today, so I opted not to do any walking. I'll do that again tomorrow to make up for it. I forgot to post it yesterday, but I did a total of 7.7 miles while I was out and about taking the boys to and from school. Not too bad....









Tonight was also the Taste of Newton - basically, 3 blocks of solid food - roasted nuts, buffalo burgers, kettle corn, homemade pies, roasted corn, authentic Mexican food, cookies and candy and carbs and caffeine - oh my! We did the smart thing and ate supper before we walked down for it, so we only bought a couple of packages of roasted nuts and some drinks - the prices are outrageous so I tried very hard not to spend, although it was so incredibly tempting. We saw tons of people, fought an enormous crowd, and I didn't lose any of the kids in the process (well, not for more than a few minutes) so overall, I'd say it was a success.






And for your parting shot...
WWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY????????? Why do people do this? Do they think it's sexy? Why would you want to have to walk with your legs 3' apart just to keep your pants from falling down around your ankles??? Seriously!! He had to walk with his legs spread out to keep them from falling down. Ugh! I swear, if my boys ever even attempt this, I will pull their pants up so hard that the wedgie will remain through eternity, and then I will duct tape the waistband of their pants around their armpits.

I just don't get it.

5 comments:

  1. I love how you cirlced the affected area...

    SO FUNNY!

    I would have ran up behind him and yanked his pants down.

    Just on principle.

    And, I'm with you, Emry's pants even sag HALF of this length... I'm going to get put away for applying MASSIVE amounts of DUCT Tape to this SKIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Amy get with the program, and here i was thinking you were all hip and stuff, everyone wears there pants down at their ankles these days it's just how the cool kids roll! lol, i gotta admit it baffles me as well, if i ever see any of my kids doing it i'll be sure to hand them a belt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The majority of my male students where their pants like that. They have to hike them up to walk, sit down, etc. and STILL their butts hang out all over the place.

    They dislike it when I tell them about the origins of wearing your pants at that level. (Came from the prisons. Having your pants down like that was an invitation that you were ... open for business.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TODAY IS MY DAY AMY. MY NUMBER ONE BEST FRIEND DIED AND NEVER GOT TO SAY GOOD BY. SHE'S BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL IN N.Y. FOR THE PAST MONTH. DAMM CANCER. SO LETS JUST HUG TODAY.YOU LOST YOUR UNCLE AND ME MY BEST FRIEND.

    PANTS TO THE GROUND. I CALL THEM JERKS.

    GRANNY TG

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.