buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Lost: one mind. If seen, please return.

After an evening of dealing with bickering kids, messy rooms, and general stress, this was pointed out to me:

Yes, that is my couch cushion. And who did it? That's still up for debate. It was either Not Me, He Did It, or I Don't Know. Regardless of which invisible gremlin did it, the kids have been threatened with Infinite Grounding if I catch *any* of them with scissors. Ever. I can't turn my back for a minute, or I have crap like this to address - and it gets really old after a while.

So rather than waiting for it to get worse, I took care of it as best I could for now. Not the best job, but it shouldn't get any bigger - especially since I flipped the cushion over and it'll be out of sight of little eyes and out of reach of little fingers. But man, I am pissed right now.

It didn't really help my mood any that I have been telling the girls to clean their room for weeks now, and I still couldn't walk through it. So I gave them a time limit tonight, and when time was up, I cleaned up the floor. With a garbage bag. 99% of it was actually garbage - the other 1% they'll get back only because it consists of necessities that would create issues with Ex1 if I truly threw it away. But it's so tempting.

Earlier this evening, I got a phone call. From Alex's father. You know, the one who was supposed to pick him up at 10:00 tomorrow morning? I told him when he said 10:00 that if he wasn't here on time, we were leaving and he promised that he would be. Anyway, he called, and sure enough, he has to work until 2:30. Well guess what? I have plans. I had already made plans for me and Daniel, so now it'll be the three of us instead. We won't be back until evening, so he asked me to call him when we get back - I told him I would, but didn't think to tell him that I will NOT bring Alex to him again. He'll figure out eventually that if he's going to be a father, he's going to have to put forth the effort himself and not depend on me to do it.

On a more positive and cheery note, however, I did receive a very special something in the mail today. :) It took a little bit longer than I expected to get it back, but finally after our day in court last month, it is official. I just have a few more places to change it, and then that is done. Daniel officially has his new last name!

But for now, I think I'm going to go watch a movie, fold some laundry, and relax a little bit. I might even drink a cold adult beverage just for the heck of it!

5 comments:

  1. I think you have earned a cool, adult beverage, Amy! What a day! Not having kids, I don't see how you do it all. Kudos to you. You were a good mom today, even if it seemed to you that everything went all wrong! Here, I'll join you in a cocktail...cheers!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGAIN AMY YOU AMAZE ME.MY MOM WOULD GROUND ALL OF US IF WE DIDN'T FESS UP TO WHO DID IT. ONE OF US WOULD BREAK BECAUSE WE WANTED TO BE WITH OUR FRIEND. WON'T TELL WHAT HAPPEN TO THE GUILTY ONE. I CAN TELL YOU THIS MUCH WE NEVER GOT AWAY WITH THE STUFF KIDS PULL TODAY.
    LETS CLICK A GLASS. YOU DESERVE A REST. GRANNY TG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! Your "nonstop mom" was down for a bit...had a small panic attack, but we're good now! whew!
    You did an amazing job mending the couch! I would have grabbed the duct tape and had at it (well, maybe not really!)
    You did good, especially riding on the "high" of the van door fiasco! what a week! Must be a full moon where you live lol...
    On a positive note, I am glad to see that A's dad DID realize he wasn't going to make and actually called and let you know...and that he WANTS to see A...just tryin' to look on the bright side, not easy I know!
    Hoping your weekend is great...and that it is a caaaaaalm one!
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. It was a crazy day, but we got through it, as usual.

    Since most of my plans were rained out today and we were home, Alex's father did take him for a few hours, but it's still aggravating. I actually ended up being late coming back, so they had to wait on my porch for me for a while, but they'll get over it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a leather sofa, and some how some way... there is a tiny hole in the back... about the size and shape of one of the Lego men's swords... So, Emry and I threatened said Lego Figurine with being thrown out, if he put anymore holes in my couch...

    Needless to say, Emry has avoided those toys.

    **GIGGLES**

    www.katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.