buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A successful day (for the most part)

Emily and I attended the Barn Sale today - we were up before the sun, dropped Daniel off with a friend, and took off to get everything set up. It was a chilly morning, but the weather ended up being absolutely phenomenal. The crowd was great, people were friendly, and best of all - they were in a buying mood! I sold quite a bit of stuff, so by the time we left, I was feeling pretty good. Tired, but good.






Little Ms. Diva...


Just an idea of how many customers were there at one point...


More customers!




Then, as usual, things went to crap rather quickly. I had arrangements made with Ex1 and Alex's father for getting the kids back from them, and BOTH of them changed the plans on me. As in, totally changed it from them dropping the kids off at my house to me having to pick them up in totally different places. Suffice it to say that I was pissed off. But, in this particular situation, I didn't have much of a choice in the matter. I did, however, let Alex's father know EXACTLY how I felt - in no uncertain terms.

Anyway, by the time that Emily and I picked Daniel up, got home, unloaded the van, put the seats back in, ran all over creation to retrieve the other kids, and got back to town, I had decided that I wasn't cooking. We went to Little Caesars to get pizza, and I no sooner shut the van off then the kids went at each other. I turned the van back on, pulled back out of the parking lot, and went home - without pizza. I wasn't in the mood to deal with the drama. We got home, they went at each other again, and by the time I got them all calmed down enough to make supper (frozen pizza - ha) it was probably 7:30. They ate, they got baths, and they eventually all got into bed.

Of course, in the meantime, I had to clean up the aftermath from having to unload the van in a hurry.



I know there is a washer and dryer under there somewhere.


By now, I have most of the big stuff put away, and I uncovered the washer enough to get some stuff into it. I have to wash a lot of the stuff - the tablecloth (that's a given after every show) is already done, but I really need to wash all of the bags and the quilts because everything got really dusty out there today. The setting was gorgeous, but after the brutal heat/dryness of the summer, everything got dusty. So, I'm trying to get everything washed and dried so that it can be put away for the next show, which is November 5 at my church. At least that one's an indoor one, so I don't have to deal with the tent. Yay!

Now, I have to finish putting everything away, run the dishwasher, do a few more loads of laundry, sweep the kitchen and living room floors, and figure out all of the money stuff from the day. Then maybe I can take a power nap before I have to get everyone up and ready for church in the morning. I'm hoping that I can get my act together well enough to walk there with Alex and Daniel, but at this point, I might just be lazy and drive it. I'm tired.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you get more than a power nap, Amy. You have 50 reasons to be tired! Sweet dreams. I was glad to hear about your day. I am really enjoying your blog! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was a good "sale" day! and...driving isn't lazy, it's getting there on time and keeping yourself sane and from being even MORE tired and exhausted than you must already be!
    Congratulations on a job well done.
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH AMY, I COULD NEVER DO WHAT YOU DO IN A ONE DAY. I WAS A WORK HORSE BACK IN THE DAY BUT I THINK YOUR DOING DOUBLE DUTY. SLOW DOWN AND BREATH. YOUR HEART HAS TO REST. I ALSO LOVE THAT YOU LEFT THE PIZZA JOINT. HIGH FIVE. GOOD MOM

    GRANNY LOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KEEP LOSING MY POST ON EVERYONE BLOG SO I HOPE THIS GOES THEOUGH. WHAT A DAY YOU HAD. LOVED THAT YOU LEFT THE PIZZA PLACE. I ALSO LOVE THIS ABOUT YOU THAT YOU GO FOR YOUR EALK AND HAVE SOME ME TIME. I COULD NEVER DO THE THINGS YOU DO IN ONE DAY BUT I GUESS WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT IT DID BACK IN THE DAY. HUGS

    GRANNY TG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi up there katie! Love it here at Amy's, BUT it makes me TIRED!!!!
    Mare

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.