buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Frantic Friday Fun

The older 3 kids didn't have school today, but the younger two did - so it was nice to spend the day with the older ones doing stuff that we don't usually get to do.

The day started with Daniel's Halloween parade at playschool this morning. One of the teachers asked my kids if they'd like to hand out the candy, so Daniel thought that it was pretty cool that his big brother was handing out some of the treats.


We went out for lunch after we took Daniel to preschool this afternoon.

Then we went shopping to get the girls some new jeans, which they so desperately needed. I wasn't really thrilled about spending the money, but they really did *need* them. We found some good sales, so that helped, but dang they're expensive!

After we got done shopping, we went back and picked the boys up from their schools and then came home. We had dinner, and then we had to go back out again to go to a Family Fall Fun Night or something like that for Boy Scouts - now that Jared is in that, it just adds to the hectic schedule that we already have.

Anyway, the kids had fun playing silly games and winning even sillier prizes.





On the way home, we were greeted by another incredible sunset.



Then when we got home, I was called to the bathroom and told to look down the drain in the sink, where I saw this lovely sight. *sigh* So off I went to get a pair of pliers and a bucket to perform surgery on the plumbing.

I was not impressed by the treasures that I found in the murky water of the trap. *barf*











The final (for now) project of the evening was to work on a Halloween costume for a truck for tomorrow. I might have procrastinated a bit on this one...but I'm not the only one. But it's about as done as it's going to be. It's a cape (because every superhero truck needs a cape) and it's huge - I didn't make the cape part, but I was assigned the "S" and the crosses, which were made out of this horrible shiny gold faux-sequined stretchy stuff, and it was awful to work with, but it'll do at this point.



Tomorrow, we have a meeting to go to from 10:00am until 3:00pm - it's a Policy Council thing, and I have no desire to go, but I'm obligated. Luckily they're providing childcare...

But as soon as we get out of that meeting, we have to get ready for trick-or-treat and meet everyone from the church to get the costume on the truck, and then deal with all of the chaos of the Safe Walk....and I know that there was something else that we were supposed to do tomorrow but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

All I know is that I ran out of Diet Pepsi today. Tomorrow's looking ugly already.

6 comments:

  1. OH PHOOEY! You just went to the store and you're out of Diet Pepsi?? I (for real) HATE when that happens!
    Sounds like another super busy weekend for a super mom...glad you got to spend time with just the older kidlets..that was so nice..
    Have fun this weekend (after the meeting!!)
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how that happens? I'm not sure how it did, other than the thought that "I have some at home" plus the lack of space in the cart...and I just didn't buy any.

    *looks around at the 3 empty cans on my desk*

    I need to cut back. Big time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Amy, you have to have ONE vice, right???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that I look forward to your entries every day! Thanks for sharing your life with us!!!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I JUST SAT HERE AND READ YOUR BLOG TO GRAMPS. SO FUNNY YOU'D SWEAR HE KNOWS YOU ALSO. HE SAID, NOW HOW OLD IS THE OLDEST? ISN'T THAT CUTE.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks Beth!

    Granny - she will be 12 in just a few short weeks. So hard to believe (and reminds me that I have a party to plan) but it's true! Tell Gramps that I said hello! :)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.