buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Proud mommy

It was a beautiful, although COLD day here today. I finally broke down and turned the heat on in the house once it dropped to 60 degrees in here. But, I did only turn it on to 65 - I just can't stand the idea of turning the heat on this early, but I also can't stand freezing when I'm inside. So, the chill has gone from inside the house, and it's at least comfortable in here tonight.

I had to go to the older three kids' parent/teacher conferences tonight. I guess I shouldn't really say that I "had" to go, but I really hate going to them in the evening. I'd much rather go during the day, but whatever. I go when I'm told to be there. There was some confusion in the scheduling but we got that straightened out, so I got to go and sit through 3 conferences with Ex1 *gritting teeth* and his wife *gritting teeth more* but it could have been worse.

We got their report cards, and as you can see - I have reason to be proud! Out of 19 subjects that were graded, there were 17 A's. 17!!! Only one B and one C!

Their teachers couldn't say enough good things about the kids, which made me feel really good. They had no issues whatsoever, and the one B and one C can easily be improved with a little bit of extra work. The teachers are not concerned at all.

*proud mommy*

By the time we left the conferences, it was just about dark. I tried to get a picture of the amazing sunset, but it was hard to do while on the move. Hopefully you can at least get the idea....

Alex and Daniel and I came home and grabbed something to eat, and then they went straight to bed. Alex really wants to ride his bike to school in the morning, but since the low temperature tonight is supposed to be 35 degrees, I'm not sure that's going to be feasible. But we'll see what happens.

But for now, I'm going to sit back with a little bit of Leno, and maybe try to get some sleep tonight. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! You deserve to be proud.
    Next time they are driving you nuts...remember...it's because they are smart, and the smart ones often push the envelope.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great feeling, isn't it? Makes all the things we mom's do, worth doing when our kids are successful!
    Good Job Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They definitely do push the envelope... on a daily basis!

    And yes, it's a wonderful feeling. Makes me feel like I might be doing something right in this crazy life of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMY, YOUR A SUPER MOM.I LIKE THE WAY YOU DON'T TAKE ANY LIP AND YOU KEEP THE CHILDREN IN LINE. ALSO, HOW YOU FIND THE TIME TO INTERACT WITH THEM. SPENDING ALL THAT TIME WITH THEM WILL PAY OFF IN THE END, BELIEVE ME I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.I WAS ALWAY THERE FOR MY KIDS. MY GROWN KIDS AMAZE ME. I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO WHAT YOU DO EVERYDAY BUT I GUESS I DID THE SAME THING WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE AND DIDN'T THINK ANYTHING ABOUT IT. YOUR MY KIND OF GAL. FAMILY FIRST.

    GRANNY TG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! That's AWESOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.