buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Poop rant and a sneak peek (not of poop though)

I have mixed emotions about this day. I slept - a lot, which I'm assuming was a good thing, although it really did make me feel like crap later.

I got a few things done around the house - always good.

And then I got a call from Alex's school informing me that he had pooped in his pants. OK, so I told the nurse that he has a change of clothes in his backpack for this very reason - he tends to "streak" his underwear, but it's usually a bit more substantial than a streak and necessitates a change of drawers, at least. The nurse politely informed me that I needed to come to the school and take care of it.

*grumble* *grumble*

OK, I was already out and about, so it took me about 1 minute to get to the school (literally) and then about 30 seconds to get from the van to the nurse's office. He was sitting there on a chair, waiting for me. The nurse was kind enough to go get his spare clothes from his backpack and I took him into the bathroom to start cleaning up the mess.

Oh boy. This was more than a streak. Yeah. Poor kid had made a royal mess. This was a full-blown diarrhea disaster. By the time I got him cleaned up, his bottom was red and sore and I took one look at his face and told him that I was taking him home. He said that his stomach started to hurt during lunch, so I'm guessing that he picked up some kind of a bug somewhere along the way. We came home and he just hung out on the couch and watched movies and relaxed.

I'm not extremely happy that the school let him just sit in the mess, causing him to get a rash from it. I would think that they could have at least removed the nasty clothes and let him sit bare-butt on the toilet to keep it from getting any worse. But instead, they let him sit in it - and I'm not sure how long it was from the time that it was discovered until the time that they called me either. Hopefully it wasn't too long.

Hopefully whatever it was, it was just a quick bug and he'll be better by tomorrow. =/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Since I have my quilt blocks done for the Christmas quilt block swap, I don't have any really pressing crafty projects going on right now. So I decided to work on one that's been laying on the rocking chair in my living room for oh, a few months now. Yep, it's one of those ones that I started and then never finished, and kept getting distracted, and well, you know how it goes!

So here are a few shots of it, but I'm not showing you much because I don't have any pictures of what it's going to look like when it's done, and I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with it yet.





What will it be when it's done?

Your guess is as good as mine, at this point.

6 comments:

  1. As sad as it is, they can't do anything about it. Their hands are tied due to potential liability/child abuse issues. That is from a teacher.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I hadn't even thought about that - but explain this to me - teachers can't clean up the poop because of liability or whatever, but if I were to allow my kid to sit around in poopy pants, I could get nailed with abuse/neglect charges.

    Tell me how that makes sense.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bureaucracy, red tape and a litigious society = Stupidity and tied hands.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMY, I'M ON YOUR SIDE. TEACHER OR NO TEACHER.
    I HOPE HE'S DOING OK TONIGHT. BLESS HIS HEART. WE'VE ALL HAD ACCIDENT LIKE THAT. IF NOT YOUR KIDDING YOURSELF.

    GIVE HIM A HUG FOR ME.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. B - you're exactly right. And that's what makes me so mad about it. If I had sent him to school with a rashy butt from sitting in poop for too long, I would have been questioned about it like there was no tomorrow. But because they're afraid of getting sued, they won't touch it. And who suffers? The poor kid who is already embarrassed because he had an accident in front of his friends. :(

    Granny - he seems to be ok now. We'll see what the morning brings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids school is the same way... they let them sit in it, if the child can't clean it themselves... UGH....

    I hope he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.