buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Pictures from my walk...

I know that there are a lot of pictures here, but considering that I took over 150, I managed to weed out quite a few. ;)

This is the path that I discovered on Wednesday, and didn't have a functioning camera with me to take pictures, so I went back today.




Sand Creek *should* be running through here.


Creek bed


Creek bed


These made me smile.



Interesting way to get across the creek. Should I.....?



Like there was any question about how I would cross it...


Reminds me of two people holding each other.



Wait until you see the other side!


The other side - totally hollow and big enough for me to stand inside.


Same tree, different perspective.



Looks almost like a tree within a tree, but I'm not sure.


End of the first trail.


It's a little dry and dusty still.


I had to laugh. It might be near a small Christian college in a very small town, but the kids obviously still know how to party! And at least they recycle....


This was kind of scary.


I wasn't real happy to find this guy had made a home across the trail - but I was happier that I saw him before I walked into it. Blech.


Signs of past flooding. Hard to imagine now.


That's the path on the right - not much room for error.


It's at least a 30' foot drop, maybe more.



Tree that had been washed out at some point, roots and all. Oh, and look....water!


This just reminds me of something from some kind of Harry Potter type book.


Cute little farm.


It's a bird....


It's a bird...it's a plane....
(totally unintentional shot, by the way)


Wonder how old this is...


Why would someone cut partway through the tree, yet still leave it standing?


So anyway, that's a small sampling. I think this might be my new favorite place to walk, when I'm not going for speed. I can't wait to see what it looks like when the leaves start to change colors....

Daniel didn't have school today, and Alex got out early, so they're hanging out here watching movies. I've been making a list of everything that I have to do for the craft show tomorrow, so I suppose I should get busy with that so that I don't have to stay up all night....

7 comments:

  1. *pouts*

    I am glad we got to the bottom of my posting comment problem... for you that is.....

    I just don't know what happen to the confirmation that I was actually posting something...

    *SHAKES FIST AT COMPUTER*

    I love your knew walking path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expected to see the Wizard of Oz flying monkeys come out of that "Harry Potter" pic! LOL

    Is it really safe for you to be walking in such an isolated place, Amy? I have concerns.

    xox
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kateri, does it seem to be working ok now?

    Katie, I was talking to Daniel's one teacher about that today - this path is very close to that school and she knows the area well. It's actually bordered by the college on one side and the interstate on the other, so it's not as remote as it looks. I only do this path when Daniel's in playschool there so if I didn't show up to pick him up, they'd send out the search party - and his teacher knows the trails so she'd know where to look for me! Plus, I always have my phone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures and your captions. And I was thinking exactly what Katie asked. I'm glad to know you are safe and enjoying God's beauty all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMY, MY THOUGHTS ALSO BUT WHILE THINKING ABOUT THE THINGS THAT COULD HAPPEN I WAS WISHING I WAS THERE WITH YOU ENJOYING ALL THE BEAUTY. I HAD A PLACE JUST LIKE THAT WHEN I WAS A KID. WATER WOULD RUN IN THE CREEK AND I WOULD SPEND SO MUCH TIME STEPPING FROM STONE TO STONE. LOVED EVERY MINUTE. NO KIDS CAN'T BE LET LOSE TO HAVE THAT KIND OF FUN UNLES THERE'S SOMEONE WITH THEM . EVERY PICTURE SHOWED ME SOMETHING DIFFERANT. THANKS. MORE, MORE, MORE.

    JUST ME

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures. Love the comments under them. We so have 1 brain ;) Just checking in to see all is well. Miss you some. Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Glad you all liked the pictures, even though they didn't do it justice. :)

    Kristen, I have been so crazy busy that I haven't had time to come over and check in with you - I'm a bad blogging friend. :( But I'm on my way now! :)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.