buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, December 26, 2011

As if feral socks weren't bad enough...

....I'm now finding animals in the laundry.

Yep, you read that right. Not only do I have feral socks, but I also now have random animals showing up in the laundry.

I have spent literally the entire day doing laundry. It's mostly been sheets and bedding, but I've managed to get a few loads of clothes going too. For once, the girls had the majority of their dirty stuff in their basket, so I grabbed it a bit ago and took it into the laundry room and started chucking dirty stuff into the washer.

Now, I don't look at the dirty laundry. Truth be told, I don't want to look at it. I throw enough into the washer to fill it up, I toss in the detergent, and I turn it on and go - I don't check their pockets, I don't turn stuff right side out, nothing - they are old enough to do that themselves. If something is shoved into a pocket and gets washed because they didn't take it out - not my problem. If their laundry doesn't get clean because it's all bunched up and inside out - not my problem.

Yes, I know, I should make them do it themselves. Don't even go there. I have my reasons, ok?

Anyway, when the washer was done running, I went in to toss the stuff into the dryer. I got partway through the load of wet stuff, and when I reached back into the washer...I felt....something.

Something fuzzy. And wet.

And when I looked into the washer to see what it was, I saw eyes.

The practical part of me knew that it wasn't something that could be alive (anymore) but it still made me jump just a little bit - yes, I just admitted that.


I mean, come on, how often do you look into your washer and see eyes looking back at you?

After the split second of initial whatthewhat? I realized what it was and peeled myself back off of the ceiling.


Stupid freakin' stuffed animal.

*sigh*

Oh well. He's clean. And for scaring the crap out of me, he's now taking a nice hot dizzying ride in the dryer, where he will hopefully be smothered by underwear and feral socks. And just to get even, I think he will be posed somewhere in the girls' room so that they are greeted by his little beady eyes when they walk in there the next time.

Probably won't scare them, but it's kind of fun to think about it. At least it is for me.

3 comments:

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.