buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekend recap

We had such a good weekend - we didn't do anything super special or amazing, but sometimes those routine weekends just turn out to be the best.

We started with basketball games yesterday morning. Unfortunately, Sarah and Emily's games were scheduled at the same time in different towns. Since Ex1 helps to coach Sarah's team, we met him before the games and Sarah and Jared went with him, while The Dude and I took Emily, Alex, and Daniel to Emily's game.

The girls played hard, but unfortunately the opposing team got the best of them. The boys did great for a change, but most of that was due to the fact that the mother of two of Emily's teammates had a game system that she let Alex use during the game - I swear I have never seen the kid so focused on anything. It was amazing, but it actually allowed me and The Dude to watch the game and to not have to be constantly trying to get him to sit still and not disturb everyone else.




Of course, a day around this house would not be complete without something having to be fixed. I had thrown some laundry in the dryer in the morning before the games, and when I went to push the button to start it, nothing happened. NOTHING - probably because the knob was no longer attached to the switch, and it looked as though the switch had actually disappeared down into the depths of the housing. I didn't have time to mess with it at that point but after the games I figured out that the switch had just basically become unmounted, so it took just a few seconds to fix, but of course involved having to climb back behind the dryer.



The rest of yesterday was spent watching movies and just relaxing. The Dude tortured me by making me watch "Dawn of the Dead" - ok, I guess it wasn't torture. The movie itself wasn't that bad - I'm just not into the whole zombie thing. But, I like scary movies, and while it wasn't all that terrifying it was ok. But, payback came in the form of making him watch "Eat Pray Love" - I had been threatening him with it, and he finally watched it. And he did admit that it "wasn't that bad".

After getting the best night's sleep that I've had in months last night, we hung out today and did some stuff around the house. When he was helping me to change the sheets on the bunk beds last night, The Dude noticed that there was a part of the support for the top bunk that needed to be fixed.

OK, did you catch that? "When he was helping me to change the sheets on the bunk beds last night..." Uh huh. Yep. He helps with that stuff. Crazy, I know.

Anyway, we worked on that this afternoon and got the beds all fixed....

Talk about a dirty look! LOL


Anyway...I have a wicked headache that has been resistant so far to the normal stuff that gets rid of them, so I think it's time for me to step away from the computer to see if I can get rid of it. I have to get up early tomorrow to get Alex to school, and then on top of all of the normal stuff that I have to do I also need to do some Christmas shopping and then Daniel has his preschool Christmas program tomorrow night - so it's going to be a long day.

Hopefully the headache goes away before then.....

2 comments:

  1. LOL, It's rare you take one picture and get 2 grouches!

    She keeps catching me off guard with the camera, will I get used to it? Sure, will I get revenge... time will tell!

    Such a fun weekend, thanks Amy for sharing your household with me yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Love when that works out...now...hopefully the headache will go away and you can work on a great week!
    mare

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.