buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Our Christmas

For the most part, we are done with Christmas. The kids got their stockings and presents today, we had a huge meal that The Dude and I cooked together, and his mother spent the afternoon with us.

Alex left early this evening and won't be back until Monday evening. I am taking the remaining 4 to church at 11:00pm tonight for the candlelight service, and then I'll take the older 3 to their father's house and it'll just be me and Daniel for the next 2 days (unless we get to see The Dude, of course).

So, after getting a serious lack of sleep from last night, and a very early wake-up by the kids, I am running on fumes. So I'm just going to give you a bunch of pictures of the day, starting with an extremely grumpy and not-happy-to-be-awake me. (Yes, we are mostly in the same clothes from last night. Cut us some slack. We were tired.)

























After we ate and cleaned up the kitchen a bit, we sat down and watched a little bit of the Cowgirls/Eagles game - but The Dude's mother wasn't feeling well so he took her home and I watched the rest of the game...rather gleefully, I might add. Loved that final score. I did a little happy dance even - and he wasn't here to see it.

It'll probably be 1:00am or after by the time that I get to bed tonight, so I'm sucking down a pot of coffee now to try to last.....as much as I hate not having all of my kids tomorrow, I'm looking forward to relaxing. I've already decided that I'm not doing anything tomorrow. I will sit on my butt all day, unless it's to get something for Daniel. But there are enough leftovers in the fridge to feed a small country, so other than popping something in the microwave, I don't even think that there will be any cooking involved.

There was really so much more to this day than I can even go into right now - all good stuff, trust me. Just lots of thoughts going through my head and I'm still trying to process them...maybe one of these days I'll be able to sort things out and explain. Or not. ;)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas sweetie, family & Dude!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas, beautiful kids :) I'm glad you all had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your hat is made up of all the colors in each of the kids hats! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone!

    Kimberly - the hats were made by a friend and I just told him the colors to use for the kids' hats - he threw in mine as a surprise, and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lack of sleep went away in a hurry, seeing all those happy faces!

    Would it make anyone's day to know that while I missed her happy dance over the game, I was doing my unhappy dance, when I found out the score?

    Fun, Food and Family... the three F's of any successful holiday event.

    Thanks to Amy and the kids for letting me and my Mom be apart of the festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah... and I made Cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. KERRY, I BET YOUR CHEESECAKE IT WAS WONDERFUL.

    LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD ONE GREAT DAY. BLESS YOU AND MAY NEXT YEAR BRING YOU EVERYTHING YOUR DREAMING OF.

    HUG, GRANNY TG

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cheesecake was wonderful....I might have just had some for breakfast.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had some right before passing out last night... the food coma was great! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.