buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I'm a plumber, I'm a spackler, I'm a laundry master...

OK, imagine that title to the tune of "The Joker" by The Steve Miller Band.

It was probably funnier in my head. Deal with it.

I've actually done a whole lot of nothing today, with the exception of actually getting my butt out of bed in time to get a shower and get to church - on time, no less! Daniel played in the nursery during the service and built the most hysterical Potato Head - I'll have to post the picture of that on my facebook page because it's on my phone and it's a pain to get it from the phone to the computer to the blog, blah blah blah.

Anyway.......

After church Daniel and I came back here and just hung out for the day. He watched movies and I worked on laundry (imagine that) and puttered around online. A friend's daughter came over to drop off a dress to be altered, and I started working on that too. That's a fun project - not terribly difficult but I get to bust out my sewing skills for the greater good. LOL

Then I finally decided to tackle a couple of projects in the godforsaken bathroom. I hate that room more than any other room in this house! Even after it was remodeled, it's still had issues. One of those issues has been a hole in the drywall next to the toilet. It started out as a little hole, then the kids picked at it and it got bigger, then I patched it, then they picked at it again, then the maintenance dude patched it, and guess what? the kids picked at it again.


So once again, I busted out the can of spackling and filled it. I'm quite sure that it'll stay patched for a few days, or maybe even a couple of weeks, and then some kid will be sitting on the toilet and will start poking at it again. It's a losing battle, and I don't even know why I try to fight it, but I do. I just can't stand having random holes in my walls. I might have a ghetto-esque house, but I like to try to keep it looking as nice as I can. Too bad I don't have any paint to touch it up once it dries - but at least having the hole patched makes it look better.


The second - and much more disgusting project - was the sink. Some genius put a new drain in the sink that doesn't have anything in it to keep objects from falling into it. It's just an open hole that goes into the pipe. I've had to fish crap out of it before, and I'm quite sure that I'll have to do it again, ad nauseum....



Yeah. Gross. Nasty. Disgusting.

And I will freely admit that this particular toothbrush has been in the drain for about 2 weeks now. The kids told me when it happened, and I made a mental note to get it out, and then I promptly forgot to do it. I remembered every time that I used the sink, and made another mental note to get it out, and then forgot about it again. Every time.

But it's out now. And it's in the trash. The plumbing under the sink has been reassembled, and doesn't appear to be leaking.

Maybe one of these days I'll actually get around to cleaning the bathroom. I should put that on the list for tomorrow.

Or not.

3 comments:

  1. AMY, THEY SAY WHEN SOMETHING GOES DOWN THE DRAIN, PUT A NYLON STOCKING OVER THE END OF YOUR VACUUM CLEANER HOSE. TURN IT ON AND SUCK THE THING YOU DROPPED DOWN THE DRAIN UP. NEVER TRIED IT BUT I'M TOLD IT WORKS. STEP TWO PUT THE CHILD IN A CORNER FACING THE WALL FOR ONE HOURS. I'M ALSO TOLD IT WORKS WONDERS. LOL. SO GLAD THE DUDE COULD HELP.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard the same vacuum trick!

    Oh and as for the drywall.. it's a kid thing... It's like they CAN'T Help themselves...

    But, I found, that as soon as it's dry... PAINT IT... my theory, if they can't see it... they won't PICK at it.

    rofl.

    www.katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny, I might have to try the vacuum trick next time, because I'm sure that there will be a next time - unless I splurge and put a new drain that is object-proof in instead. I actually did all of this without The Dude though - he had a bunch of stuff going on yesterday so he got to hear the stories just like everyone else! LOL

    Kat - I do need to paint it, but I don't have any paint that matches. I need to talk to the landlord and have him buy me a gallon of paint and I'll just redo the whole fugly bathroom!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.