buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day

So only having one kid for Christmas Day was a little odd. It was definitely quiet. We (Daniel and I) slept in a bit and then went to church. After church we went to some friends' house for dinner, and he got to open a few more gifts...and I brought a few more home for the other kids to open when they get back from their fathers' houses.






After that, we stopped at The Dude's house for a little bit and then came home. Had some leftovers for supper and just generally relaxed. My computer has been acting totally stupid all night so I've spent more time arguing with that than doing just about anything else.

However, the view from my computer chair wasn't all that impressive. I'm not sure how this house gets so trashed so fast, but this is what I could see...and I wasn't happy.



Then a little while later, I looked over and spotted a body...


So I put him to bed and got to work.


It was a good day.

9 comments:

  1. I love your hardwood floors. Random, I know but it is 3:30 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL the floors are nice - but they're cold too! I didn't think I'd like them so much when we moved in, but it's kind of nice to use a broom and sweep EVERYTHING into a pile - toys, clothes, dirt, whatever - and then pluck through it and put everything away and just sweep up the dirt. I'm not a big fan of mopping them all time time, but when I do, they look really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a steam mom. I still have to sweep, but the steam mom is amazing and it kills germs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a maid. Careful of the steam mops over time they will kill your hardwood and laminate floors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANONYMOUS, OK HOW DO YOU CLEAN LAMINATE FLOORS AND YET KEEP THE SHINE?
    I HAVE THEM AND THEY NEED CLEANING BAD.

    AMY, DO YOU KNOW THE ANSWER? ANYONE? HELP.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just used plain water, Granny. And a little Mr. Clean multi-purpose spray on sticky messes. Laminate cleans up so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just use my steam cleaner or damp microfiber mop on mine granny! They look nice just doing that. So much better than the carpet we had in the kitchen!
    what a sweet little boy. I think most of us have a mess at this time of the year, or at least I do. Had 7 grandchildren & 6 adults Cmas eve, so it go noisy & messy, but it was fun. Have to enjoy it because they are grown & gone before you know it.
    I got to see my dad & sisters Cmas day. that was very nice. Little sis was here awhile for a bite to eat,(and ole came along, what a sweet puppy)!
    Soon will be the new Year, back to work, & other normal things! Hope you have a wonderful new year

    ReplyDelete
  8. the pic of your son asleep on the floor was adorable!! my middle child used to do that all the time, i have so many pics of him sleeping in random places.

    and good for you for having the disaster area cleaned that fast!! after the initial cleanup, our house was trashed again :\
    there are just too many toys to keep track of!!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.