buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Busy day

Up before the sun, as usual, getting the kids off to school - with yet another dashboard breakfast, this time courtesy of the local Kwik Shop. Vanilla cappucino and a king-sized Snickers - the breakfast of champions on this particular day!



Daniel had his Christmas program at playschool, complete with a very special visitor at the end.




The Dude came over this evening, and after I threatened the girls with cleaning their room myself (aka "garbage bag rampage") he opted to help them get their laundry folded and put away. Or maybe he was playing with Barbies with them. That's still up for debate.



Seriously though, having him help was a lifesaver. Getting the girls to put their laundry away is a constant battle, and since he showed them a "new" way to fold things, they just thought that it was so cool and now they're doing it "his" way. Whatever - as long as it's put away, I don't care.

Daniel, of course, was tired. Poor kid. At least this time he fell asleep on normal furniture - just not in what I would consider to be a comfortable position.


Tomorrow we get to get up early and get everyone up and dressed and fed and get the girls ready for basketball. They both have games at the same time tomorrow - in two different towns. So Ex1 and I are meeting in the middle so that I can give Sarah to him and he'll take her to her game, and then I'll take Emily to hers. After the games, we'll meet in the middle and I'll give Emily back to him (and Jared too, unless he opts to go to Sarah's game) and then Alex, Daniel, and I will be back home relaxing with The Dude.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get to take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. YOU MUST TAKE A COLLECTION OF DANIEL SLEEPING AND FRAME THEM. I JUST LOVE THOSE PICTURES.SOME THINGS THEY SAY ONLY A MOTHER CAN SEE HUMOR BUT THIS GRANNY GETS A BIG LAUGH AT EACH ONE. I LOVED THE ONE OF HIM SLEEPING DRAPED OVER THE ARM OF THE COUCH. DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM BUT WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE. DUDE, GOOD JOB.
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. your boy is just adorable!! i love sleeping kid pics. my boys are always after me to delete the cute pics of them asleep on couches and floors looking like little angels.
    here's hoping you get that much deserved nap!!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.