buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm doing it again...

So I hinted around on my facebook page this morning that I was up to something. On a mission, so to speak.

I did accomplish my mission, and that was to go to the YMCA in Wichita to register for the Frosty 5K Run that is being held on New Years Day.


I am officially registered, I have my official bib and my official t-shirt and my official complimentary pen. Since I have been lazy for the past few weeks, I need to officially get off of my butt and get out and do some walking/jogging in the next week to get ready for this.

I'm not really worried about breaking any records. I just want to finish it. I went back and looked at the times that I had for the two other 5Ks that I've done - I did the first one on April 24, 2010 with a time of 53:15 (give me a break - I was pushing a stroller too) and the second one was on April 30, 2011 with a time of 41:43. I would like to think that I could do this one in under 40 minutes, but we'll see what happens. The Dude is going with me to keep Alex and Daniel entertained while I run walk/jog, and then we'll have lunch there (chili!) and head home.

I also found out that the date for the half-marathon is April 29, 2012 - and you'd better believe that I'm doing that one again - and I will improve my time over the last one on that! Maybe one of these days, I'll take my bionic hip and do a full marathon!

I've been sort of compiling a list of local races - not sure how many I want to do, but I know that I want to continue working to get healthier and to get into better shape. Right now, I weigh less than I have since 2002 - and I have to tell you that it feels pretty darned good! I still have a few pounds to go to get to my ideal weight, but at the same time I'm not letting my physical appearance define me. I am happy with myself, and I'm not going to let a few extra pounds discourage me.

Besides, my "normal" jeans that I put on today were too big - how can I be discouraged with that?

4 comments:

  1. AMY, I JUST DID AN 8 FT' K JUST NOW. IT WAS FROM ONE CHAIR TO ANOTHER. I CAME IN FIRST. NO RIBBONS OR FLARE. NO ONE REALLY CARED. BUT I DID. PAT ME ON THE BACK.LOL

    ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU GO GIRL.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.