buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Another project done

I've mentioned the quilt block swap that I've been participating in before....there's a group of us that are doing it. Each person makes 16 blocks using the same pattern, then we send them all to the ringleader who distributes them to all of the participants, and we get different blocks back. I went a little crazy and opted to make 3 sets of 16.




So these 48 blocks will get mailed off to my friend in Montana tomorrow, and once she receives all of them from everyone, I'll get 48 back. Some will be mine, but most of them will be from the other participants. Can't wait to see what all I get back!

In other news (ha) Alex came back from his father's tonight. They had taken his bike with them and apparently he spent all day riding his bike around up there. He was tired by the time he got here! He voluntarily put on his pajamas, and the next thing I knew, I saw this on my bed....


I feel like I've been in the kitchen all day....maybe because I was. I got another 20 jars of strawberry jam done, plus 5 jars of sugar-free. I'm not too sure about the sugar-free stuff - seems kind of runny still. But I'll give it another day or so to set and see what happens with it.

Tomorrow is back to the routine again. Both boys go to school in the afternoon and then we have a meeting in the evening, and then the rest of the week just gets crazier from there. I think I'm going to try to watch a movie tonight (been trying to watch it for 3 nights now and keep falling asleep) and then get to bed somewhat early.

Yeah, right. Like that'll happen.

4 comments:

  1. They have a quilting club at my office, it's amazing the things they come up with!

    I just don't have the patience. I can crochet, but I really need to be in the mood.

    *giggles* And, recently, I am NEVER in the mood!
    (That's what she said!!!! LOL)

    I love your blog so I am passing on two awards to you!
    The versatile blogger award, and the irresistibly sweet blog award.

    Check out my blog post for details.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SITTING HERE LOOKING AT YOUR SON SOUND A SLEEP AND I'M TRYING SO HARD JUST TO TAKE A NAP.EVERYTIME I CLOSE MY EYES THE DOG BARKS OR GRAMPS DECIDES TO WALK THROUGH THE ROOM OR SLAM A DOOR. DON'T YOU LOVE THE WAY YOUR KIDS CAN FALL ASLEEP EVEN UPSIDE DOWN. PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME JUST TO TEACH ME HOW. YOU GOT TO LOVE KIDS.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a machine! I wish I had half the energy you do.

    Also, I don't think I've said it in a while, so now's as good a time as any: I am so jealous of your quilt making skills! I wish I knew how to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kateri - I wish I could crochet - I have some afghans that need to be repaired! =/ And thanks for the awards - if I don't do anything with them within the next few days, you might want to remind me!

    Granny - my kids can sleep anywhere. But then again, so can I. LOL

    Mama Spaghetti - I really don't have the energy, it's just that no one else is going to do it if I don't! LOL Like right now, I'm trying to wash/de-stem sand plums, make the boys supper, and sort out my next craft project - all at the same time. I have way too many things on my plate right now. Oh and I have to do my BI judging tonight or else Heather will have my head! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.