buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday night randomness

I just don't have any deep and profound things to say tonight, so I thought that I would amuse you with some random pictures and such.



I know I've mentioned a few times that this summer has been unusually hot and dry. Just to illustrate, this is what the dam north of Halstead normally looks like.

And for comparison, this is what it looked like last night.

For the record, that is not one of my children. They were forbidden from going down there - mainly because I was wearing flip flops and a sundress, and I knew that there was no way that I could get down there in a lady-like fashion (or back up for that matter). I can't let them have all the fun without me, now can I?

So anyway, Alex is actually with his father. It's been strangely quiet around the house today with just Daniel. He's been hanging out playing with toys and watching movies while I've been canning. The temperature has suddenly dropped from 100+ to the mid- to upper-70's, so it's perfect for canning. I've had the windows open all day and the kitchen hasn't felt like a sauna. It's even supposed to get down to something like 49 degrees tonight! Woot!

A friend came by today and dropped off some canning stuff for me - yay! I had just run out of sugar, too! She just took a few jars of jam as payment. :) Love my friends!

More supplies


Today's product.


Lastly, I mentioned this on my facebook page earlier, but if you could please take just a moment and say a prayer, or send a happy thought or some good mojo or whatever it is that you do to my Uncle Sam, I'd appreciate it. He's been hospitalized with cancer, and things just aren't looking very hot right now. But he's a tough old coot, so I'm not giving up on him. I haven't seen him in years, and really should have when we were back there but time just got away from me, and you know how it goes. Excuses, excuses, excuses. =/

Now, I'm going to go clean up the kitchen for the 18th time today and try to get some sewing done.



3 comments:

  1. OMG THAT JAM LOOKS YUMMY.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to make light of what's going on with your uncle, but I feel like that was a great metaphor for the "other" Uncle Sam... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny, it is quite good if I do say so myself! ;)

    Adrian, you are so right. I didn't even think about that as I wrote it, but once I went back and read it, I saw it too!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.