buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness - paying it forward

Through an event invitation on facebook, I found this blog - Our Angel Mito Monkey. While I haven't had a chance to read much of it, it is about a little boy who died at 4 months of age due to a mitochondrial disease.

George Garman would have been 2 years old this coming Friday, September 9, 2011. In honor of his birthday, his family is asking that as many people as possible perform a random act of kindness in his name on that day. As of this evening, I believe that they had 573 people who had responded to the event invitation (you can find that event invitation here) but it's always great to have more people participating. They have a goal of 1000 participants, but I bet through the blogging community, we can get more than that!

As a mom, I can't imagine the devastation of losing a child at any age. It is truly one of my worst fears, and one that I don't think that I'll ever get over no matter how old they are.

I can't think of a better way to honor this little boy's memory than to perform a random act of kindness on his birthday. So if you're on facebook, go to the event invitation and RSVP for it. If you're not, just participate anyway.

We shouldn't need an excuse to do something nice for someone else, but if this gives someone a little motivation to do exactly that, then that's wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.