buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Putting it out there.

OK, I hinted around about some plans the other night, and people got curious.

No, it's nothing earth-shattering this time - at least not to most people. But to me, it's pretty big.

Some of you might remember when I did the half-marathon last spring. I have now officially decided that I am going to do it again. They haven't announced the date for it yet, so I've just been watching the website to see when it's going to be.

So, I'm starting out by walking as much as I can (hence the massive walking yesterday, before my allergies kicked my butt) and I'm trying to watch what I eat - but, man, I really do like to eat. A lot.

But I figure that if I put it out here, I'm more likely to stick with it. This week will be iffy until I can get the allergies under control (stupid Kansas in September) but I'm still going to try to do something.

And although I finished the one in May - with a better time than what I had expected - I want the next pictures to look better than these.



I don't expect to have a supermodel body, but I would like it to be at least 20 pounds lighter than in these pictures. And more toned. And obviously, this has been a problem for a while. I can't even claim that 32 pound weight loss anymore - I have a few pounds to re-lose before I can get there.

So there you have it. My big plans.

8 comments:

  1. I'm cheering for you! I'm also running/walking right there beside you, every step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your resolve..you are a tough lady for sure! You will do great in the race ANDvyou are providing a shining example to your children..
    Congrat...happy hallowween

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing goal!
    And I bet you'll do it... you seem very driven.

    I used to walk, and jog.... but I've been slacking... I should get back to it before the dreaded snow.

    www.katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! I'm cheering you on from the sidelines!! or at least from the Twitter Sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome goal, good for you!! I'll be virtually cheering you on, babe.... You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Now I expect all of you to keep on me about it and nag me if I don't walk/jog a few times a week! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amy come on and join me at myfitnesspal.com. You'll get a lot of support and motivation in there too. Really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to check that out, Twinkies! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.