buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

I think my boys are in love.

*sigh*

I watched the daughters of a friend today for a few hours. I think that Alex and Daniel now have girlfriends.




Daniel did start to get tired after a couple of hours outside.


I found a critter.


It was a gorgeous day, they played outside for hours, got filthy dirty, and had a great time. While they were playing, I totally designed (in my head) a flower bed that would look perfect at the back of the house - I just need to do some research into what grows well in almost total shade and find some cheap dirt to make it a raised flowerbed. Yet another project to keep me busy in my spare time.

So now, I'm working on some sewing - trying to get the last few bags done before the craft show next Saturday - but at the same time, I'm going to sit down on the couch to work on them and attempt to watch all of "Gone With the Wind". Yep, all 4 hours of it.

Sewing machine needles don't like going through multiple layers of denim over and over again.


And yes, when I get all of the bags done, I'll post pictures of them. They're coming out really cute. :)

4 comments:

  1. Impatiens grow pretty well in shady places. They get a slow start, then finally get very full and spread. I researched it, too, but that's about all I found. Better luck to you, Amy! LOL

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooohhhhh they do, don't they? I have so many ideas for this flower bed, which is really funny because I'm only renting, but still....I want the place to look nice, you know? LOL

    I gotta' get some sleep. I can't believe it took me 40 years to watch "Gone With the Wind".

    And I have to be up in a few hours for church and the CROP Walk. Oops.

    :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gone With the Wind is worth losing sleep! Did you love it?

    I was thinking...(scary)...ask Casey what plants grow well in the shade. He will know.

    I got a flat of 48 impatiens plants which I planted in clumps of 5 for about $15, so that part wasn't too bad. Got them at a nursery.

    Gardening is therapeutic, even if you ARE renting. I say go for it. :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did love it, Katie!

    And I was actually thinking the same thing about asking Casey - LOL. Great minds, huh?

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.