buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Yet another busy day

Started out at an open house for Alex's class...




Then a drive to Wichita with Daniel for a playdate. The day started out pretty overcast but got nice and sunny later...


Then my first attempt at replicating Mom's peanut butter pie....and my first attempt at making meringue, which was almost declared a disaster. But it worked. I had to make something to take to a Boy Scout dinner for Jared...

Sadly, I have no idea how the pie tasted, as I didn't get a piece of it.



Then a drive to the Boy Scout thing....get a load of (a) how tiny Jared is compared to other kids his age, and (b) the other kid's shirt:


Dinner there was good - especially since I didn't have to cook it or clean up after it - but by the time that we were done eating, I just wanted to come home and crash. Of course, now that we're home and I have the opportunity to do exactly that, I have a million things to do.

We have to get up early tomorrow - on a non-school day - to get Sarah to basketball practice. Not really happy about her having practice when there's no school, but there's not much I can do about it. She's got it Friday morning too. :( We're also going to attempt to do a little bit of shopping tomorrow to get Sarah something for her birthday.

One thing I can say for sure is that I *WILL NOT* be stepping foot inside any store on Friday. I refuse. I hate to shop, and I hate crowds. I don't care how much money I can save by shopping that day - the legal fees that I would have to pay to defend myself from killing someone stupid would negate any savings at that point. I am not a patient person when it comes to shopping - I want to go in, get what I need, and leave. I don't want to have to beat someone up in the process.

One of these years, I'll actually do my Christmas shopping throughout the year, like I always say that I'm going to do.

Haha. Yeah, right.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a good outcome on the pie Amy! I hate to make pies...I really do...as much as I love to bake, that is not a fave...hmmm, hoping SOMEONE will be making a pie for Thanksgiving Day!
    Will you be at home with the kidlets? whatever you do, I hope you have a GREAT day!
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Black Friday shopping. Yes, I know. I'm one of those idiots that gets to the store at 3 am to find the good deals. I completely and totally love the hectic-ness of it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As of right now, we're just going to be hanging out at home. I'm not 100% sure what Alex's plans are yet, but the older 3 will be with me until Sarah's basketball practice on Friday morning.

    I have a 20 pound turkey in the fridge, so I know that I'm at least making that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1stTimeMama - I've told you before, and I'll tell you again - you're insane. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black Friday is a No Go for me either.
    I'm traumatized by it.

    But, I am thankfully 75% done with my Christmas Shopping.

    That pie... Looked.... AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMY, YOU SHOULD PUT ALL YOUR STORIES INTO BOOK FORM. IT WOULD BE A NUMBER ONE SELLER.
    AS FOR THANKSGIVEN, WE'LL BE SHARING TWO DINNERS. ONE THRUSDAY AND ANOTHER ONE SAT.I'D RATHER JUST STAY HOME BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY GET UP AND GO ANYMORE. ALSO, I LIKE QUIET.

    20#OF TURKEY, YOU'LL BE EATING TURKEY STILL CHRISTMAS.

    GRANNY



    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.