buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Big Game and Floating Kids

The kids and I went to a friend's house today to watch *the* game - you know, the Penn State/Nebraska game. She's a die-hard Husker fan, and well, we all know where my loyalty lies. ;)

Watching the game was emotional. I was so proud of the way that the players handled themselves - on both teams. Watching the Nittany Lions walking onto the field arm-in-arm brought tears to my eyes.

The kids played outside most of the time...

The girls had a blast with the sidewalk chalk....

I have explained the situation to them - in terms that they can understand. They know that kids were abused, but I didn't go into graphic detail.

I had no idea what they were drawing when they were out there, but needless to say, I was thrilled when I saw the final projects. :)

Friends - before AND after the game!


We all went outside after the game to enjoy the glorious weather for a bit, and I managed to get a picture of Sarah levitating. Or something.

She managed to 'float' part way up a tree....

After the game, we went to a park for a little while.

I managed to catch Emily flying through the air...

...and again...

....and again.

Not to be outdone, Sarah had to catch some air too!

So all in all, it was a good day. Long, but good. The kids did pretty good at Teri's house and at the park, and then they started to fall apart - I think that they were all getting tired. By the time we got back here, they all pretty much lost it with each other and everyone was pushed to the limit. There was a lot of screaming and yelling and tantrum throwing - both from them and from me (not proud to admit that, but it's all a part of life).

We ate supper and got baths and the boys all went to bed early. The girls are watching a movie while I play around on the computer, but I still have about 87 loads of laundry to do, along with cleaning the kitchen. I was really hoping to get to bed early tonight, but I have a feeling that once again, that isn't going to happen.

Imagine that. Maybe tomorrow will be calmer.

1 comment:

  1. WHEN THEY GO BEYOND YOUR LIMITS, GET THAT BLOW HORN OUT. LINE THEM UP AND MAKE THEM DO PUSH UPS. GIGGLE GIGGLE. YOUR STILL THE BEST MOM.IT WILL BE FUN WHEN THEIR IN THEIR LATE TWENTIES AND YOU SIT AROUND AND TALK ABOUT THE OLD DAYS. I'LL BE NOTHING BUT A MEMORY BUT I'LL BE THERE SITTING ON YOUR SHOULDER AS AN ANGEL LISTENING. WHY? BECAUSE IT WILL BE FUN.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.