buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Broken Stuff and Unidentified Objects

Welcome to another day in my life.

Sometimes I seriously wonder if I'm not being secretly videotaped for some reality show. I mean really....

It's not that it was necessarily a bad day. I had a horrible time getting up this morning - finally crawled out of bed at 9:30 (I was awake - just in no mood to move) and grabbed a quick shower before the boys and I headed for church. After the service we had lunch there and then helped to decorate the sanctuary for Christmas. I hadn't planned on doing that, but it was a nice distraction for a couple of hours.

We came back here and hung out for a while. I started some laundry and just kind of putzed around the house. Made a couple of phone calls to get updates on Mom's condition (surgery tomorrow) and to talk to Ex1 about scheduling for this week.

Which, by the way, let me ask this....if school is closed for a holiday, should sports teams practice? Curious to see opinions on that one...

Then I went to clean the boys' room a little bit and get their laundry and discovered this little gem. Luckily, it doesn't usually hold anything, but still....I wasn't really planning on doing any repair work today.

The boys had an "accident" with the eggs in the fridge. OK, I can accept the first 2 being an accident, because I knock them out of the little egg holes in the fridge door occasionally if I open the door too fast (or more often, slam the bottom of the door into the top of my foot as I try to open it) but I'm pretty sure that all 6ish of them didn't just 'accidentally' fall out of the egg holes.

Yeah, don't even get me started on this one....I mopped the floor and had it almost sparkling yesterday. I say "almost" because it's just an ugly floor, and it will never sparkle, no matter what I do. And I'm ok with that, because I don't *own* said floor.

Anyway...Alex came to me with this lovely mystery object tonight. As of right now, it is still unidentified.



If you would like to participate in the "Name This Object" game that I am currently having, go to my facebook page to see more specific information about the mystery object.

Until it is identified (or I give up and throw it in the trash) and on the off-chance that it is actually something important, I have located a very safe place to keep it. Right inside my desk with Tigger's chin and the Tooth Fairy Pillow.

This part of my desk is starting to get full. That's telling me something about my (lack of) organizational skills.

But for now, I'm going to go plant my butt on the couch and watch a movie and fold laundry. After I finish cleaning up the living room and sweeping all the rest of the crap off of the floor. Maybe I'll find some more mystery objects to add to the collection in my desk.

3 comments:

  1. Electrical and Scotch tape...LMAO!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you keep track of "Lost Items"

    Electrica/Scotch Tape inside a cabinet.

    So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL I CAN SAY IS HOW DO YOU DO IT?

    ANY GREY HAIR?

    PRAYER FOR YOUR MOM.

    LOVE YA.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.