buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey and the tree

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving...

Ours was pretty laid-back. Lots of food...and a second attempt at the peanut butter pie. At least I finally got a piece (or two) of it this time, and yes, it was worth it.







Then it was time to do the unthinkable. I headed out into the ghetto-garage and dug out the Christmas stuff and we got to work. I have to admit - I believe that this is the first time that I have ever decorated the Christmas tree while I was wearing shorts.






Daniel got the honor of hanging the first ornament, and then it was a free-for-all. But it's pretty much done (of course I had to send the girls to the store to get more lights since half of mine decided to die) and now I just have to 'adjust' some of it and clean up the aftermath.



I still have to put the garland in the big doorway and get the stockings hung up and hang up the lights outside....

Where are the outside lights? I didn't see them in the boxes tonight....

So much to do....and although I hated doing it this early, I'm glad that I still have a month to get everything done. At some point I'll start doing some shopping, after the initial crazies get done doing their thing over the next few days. There is no way in hell I'll go shopping tomorrow. No way. Nope.

Tomorrow we get to get up early to get Sarah to basketball practice, then the older 3 are gone until Wednesday....Alex is supposed to go to his father's for the weekend....so I'm looking forward to some quiet time with just Daniel for a few days. Maybe I'll get some more stuff done around the house, including a sewing project or two that I *need* to get done.

My mother is now supposed to have surgery on her shoulder tomorrow morning, and then should be able to go home. Hoping and praying that all goes well in that department.....

4 comments:

  1. I HAVEN'T HAD A TREE FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS. JUST TO MUCH WORK. I GAVE MOST OF MY DECORATIONS TO MY DAUGHTERS. I DO HAVE A SMALL LIGHTED TREE FOR THE TABLE. MAYBE I'LL DIG IT OUT AND PUT IT UP NOW THAT WERE BACK IN A LARGER HOME. YUP, JUST MAYBE.I'LL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOUR MOTHER THAT ALL WILL GO WELL. WELL JUST MAYBE GOD JUST HEARD THE LITTLE PRAYER. DO YOU THINK? HUGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
    GRANNY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FORGOT TO SAY. I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOUR TURKEY. IT WON FIRST PRIZE. IT SEEMS EVERYONE PUT PICTURES ON THIS YEAR. SOME WERE REAL FUNNY. ONE PICTURE I SAW THE TURKEY LOOKED LIKE IT WAS GIVING BIRTH TO A DEAD BIRD. NO, IT WASN'T YOURS AMY. ANOTHER ONE. IT WAS SO FUNNY. ANOTHER ONE LOOKED LIKE THEY FORGOT TO TAKE THE BAG OUT BEFORE THEY ROASTED THE BIRD.IT LOOKED LIKE GUTS FALLING OUT. SO FUNNY WHAT YOU SEE. MAYBE IT'S ALL THE ART BLOGS I GO TOO.
    ENJOYED ALL YOUR PICTURES. ALSO LOVE YOUR TREE.

    GRANNY LOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turkey looks amazing! What did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justin, I really didn't do much. I cut a slit in the top of it and stuck some margarine under the skin - maybe 4-5 pieces? Sprinkled inside and out with garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, and parsley and added a little bit of water to the pan. I basted it a couple of times toward the end but just cooked it according to directions. Easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.