buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday insanity

The day stayed true to form....

Constant running from 7:00am until 10:00pm, and I'm not done yet.

Between running kids back and forth to school, I also did just over 5 miles today for the first time in a couple of weeks (ouch), worked on some sewing that I *have* to get done in the next few days, did a crapload of laundry, tackled yet another seemingly unending pile of dishes, ran to the grocery store to pick up a few things, ran to the hardware store to do a return, made supper and cleaned up most of the mess, dropped Jared off at his father's church on the way to get Emily to her basketball practice.....

I still have so much crap to do too...

The rest of the week is going to be just as bad too. I remembered today that the Christmas parade in town is tomorrow night - and yes, the kids and I are supposed to be in it for our church. But, Sarah has basketball practice after school and so the kids might not even get home in time for it.

Friday night is Jared's Christmas program at school.

Saturday morning is basketball games.

I can't wait until Saturday afternoon, when I can theoretically sit down and breathe for a few minutes.

Maybe I'll even get to spend some time with The Dude at some point over the next few days. That would be a good thing!

Emily actually ran her butt off at practice - this was a rare moment tonight.


I tried to keep Alex busy during practice, but he really wasn't focusing well.


Daniel was thrilled to pieces at practice.
Yes, he's sound asleep.


Now, to finish up some more laundry, empty the dishwasher, start packing lunches for tomorrow, pick up the crap laying around the house...

Have I mentioned how much I hate Wednesdays lately?

12 comments:

  1. I know, right? Although when I have the chance, I can do pretty much the same thing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somedays I feel like I'm going crazy with all I have to do yet you do probably 5 times as much and are still close to sane! :p I envy you yet I don't because I think if I had to do all that I would be locked in a padded room somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, Jenni, I am so not sane! I just play the part well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I became a parent I didn't understand napping and the thought of sleeping like your little man would be unheard of.

    But these days? I think I've mastered the art of napping with one eye open and occasionally pull-off the head-on-desk nap.

    Your son is on the right path. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your schedule reminds of what mine was like back in my days as a youth pastor, but with one major difference- at the end of the day I got to SEND kids home. You have to TAKE them home. Single moms/dads are my heroes. Thanks for participating in #CommentDay, and blessings to you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our day as mothers never truly ends does it. As a stay at home homeschooling momma there are never enough hours in the day. I love for that brief moment on the weekends that I can turn my brain off and try to breathe! I hope you find some peace today. #commentday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HOPE YOU FRAME ALL THESE PICTURES OF HIM SLEEPING AND GIVE THEM TO HIM WHEN HE'S 21 FOR CHRISTMAS. I LOVE THIS KID.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! I LOVE the pictures of this little guy sleeping in the oddest places!!!
    Makes me giggle and I thank him (and You!) for that!
    Just needed exclamations on every sentence!!!!!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. With a house-full like you've got, is there ever a day when you're not running your butt off? Glad you take time to blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! Yes, I run constantly - I think I crashed at about 1:30 this morning and was back up and going full speed by 5:30. I seriously won't get a break until late Saturday afternoon when I am down to one kid. If I can just make it that long.....

    :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.