buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, November 21, 2011

To Sarah

Today is Sarah's 12th birthday. Hard to believe that my firstborn is that old. I know, those of you with older kids are laughing at me right now, but seriously...it seems like just yesterday that she was born.

And now, she is 12. She'll be a teenager next year.

So to her, I say this:

My dear, sweet Sarah...

I love you with all of my heart. I know that we have our disagreements, more often than I'd like to admit. You are so strong-willed and so determined, and it is hard for me to let go and let you 'do your thing'. No matter how old you are, you are still my baby.

I want you to know that no matter what, you can always talk to me about anything. I would rather have you talk to me about a problem than to try to deal with it yourself. Believe it or not, I was 12 years old once - and chances are that I've felt the same way about things that you do now. Please know that no matter how angry you think that I might get about something, I still love you and I will always love you.

You are beautiful. You are smart. You are funny. You care so much about other people and how they feel. You have so many things going for you, but I still see you struggle at times. I know that you worry about feeling like you don't 'fit in' with the other kids at school. Honey, please don't worry about what other people think. You have so many friends who love you and you need to focus on those people.

If you are having a problem, please tell me about it. Whether it's with a teacher or something in school or a bully or anything - please, talk to me. I want you to know that I will always listen and I don't want you to ever feel like you can't talk to me about anything.

I wish I could have seen you today for your birthday but I'm glad that I got to talk to you for a little bit. I love you so very much and I am so proud of the young lady you are becoming.

Love,
Mom

6 comments:

  1. It's crazy how fast our kids grow up! I can't believe Little Man is 19 months old now and the new baby will be born in about 8 weeks... I have a hard time seeing everybodies sites on my phone, but I am still around.. just wanted you to know that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 12th Birthday to Sarah!
    Yes, your baby girl...12 years ago, today and always...that is the truth.
    Happy birthday to Sarah AND happy anniversary of your baby girl's birth to mom!!
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. l♥ve this!! she's lucky to have a mom like you and you're lucky to have a daughter like her! :)

    love her hair in this pic btw!
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Happy Birthday SARAH!!!!

    (PS: the shirt in your portrait, is awesome. It doesn't come in my size... does it?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SARAH, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. MAY I FIRST SAY, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY.ALMOST TO THE TEENAGE YEARS. WOW! HOW EXCITING. SPORTS ARE A GREAT WAY TO MAKE LONG LASTING FRIENDSHIPS.ALSO CHURCH GROUPS. STAY AT IT. DON'T GIVE UP. IT'S BEEN SO MUCH FUN FOR ME COMING HERE TO YOUR MOMS BLOG EVERYDAY AND KEEPING UP WITH ALL THE THINGS IN YOUR LIVES. YOUR MOM DOES THE BEST SHE CAN DO HAVING FIVE CHILDREN. THE LADIES ON THIS BLOG HONOR HER. WE CAN TELL HOW MUCH SHE LOVES YOU KIDS. NOW JUST ENJOY YOUR BDAY. IT'S YOUR DAY. HUGS GRANNY LOU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to pass along the happy wishes to her! She's a pretty awesome kid, if I do say so myself!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.