buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Just random stuff.

You know, it's funny. I got this brand new (to me) beautiful van, and I walked all over town today to do my errands. Who does that?

I waited for my 5 year old to get on the bus, and then the youngest and I went walking. Well, he was in the stroller "reading" a book and I was walking. But anyway, we walked back down to the car dealership to give them the title for the She-Beast (which I searched high and low for all weekend long, only to find it on my desk beside my computer), then to the convenience store for a snack, then back to my insurance agent to take care of more new-van-paperwork, then to the bank, then to the grocery store, then home. By the time it was all said and done, we had put in something like 4.67 miles. I didn't even bother to time it because the stroller slows me down so much, but it felt so good to get back out there again.

Of course in this town, one thing that has to be dealt with whether you are walking, driving, or bicycling is the trains. They are a constant around here. I love to watch them, and so do my kids. They are so huge - something that I never really realized until I moved here and was exposed to them on a multiple-times-per-day basis.

He loves the trains - but the noise, not so much.



We actually didn't get stopped by a train this time, but if we had been 30 seconds later we would have while it went backwards and forwards a couple of times to switch tracks - or whatever it is that they do that holds up traffic for a few minutes at a time.

The rest of the day was spent doing the usual. Cleaning, laundry, changing beds, etc. A major high point though - when I weighed myself this morning, I found that I have lost another 5ish pounds since last week, which puts me within a pound of being back where I was when I posted the "32 down..." post a while back. Sadly, I gained weight again since then - but now I am focused again.

The half-marathon is in less than 3 weeks. I haven't been training like I should, so I am back on the wagon - I am going to get out and walk every day (barring nasty weather) and watch what I eat and do whatever I can to get ready for this thing. I am excited, yet terrified. I can't wait to post that I completed it.....*crossing fingers*

Anyway, nothing exciting going on. Maybe tomorrow I'll have something profound to say. Or not.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, hopped over from Ross' blog. Congrats on the new van (and YES, it counts as a NEW van!)
    Hope you don't mind my "peeking" into your day...You are a very busy lady..
    Stop by my blog if you get a chance..a few ladies from Ross' (and a guy or two occasionally) stop by. Would love to see you there..
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mare! Thanks so much for coming by - I really appreciate it! I will definitely check yours out - as soon as I get back from my next round of running all over creation! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.