buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Where were you?


I had the opportunity to go to Oklahoma City about a year and a half ago to visit a friend. While I was there, we went into the city and visited the memorial that was built as a result of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building. I had never been to a memorial like this, and found it to be beautiful, peaceful, sad, inspiring...walking around the area where the building used to stand, seeing the chairs that represented each of the lives lost 16 years ago today - it made me realize how often we take life for granted, and how things can change forever in a split second.

I remember that day vividly - I was living in Delaware at the time, but worked in Elkton, Maryland for W.L. Gore & Associates in one of their labs. We didn't have access to a television, but we had a radio. We couldn't stop what we were doing because of the tests that were being run in the lab, so we had to continue to work while we listened to the reports. The whole thing was so very surreal.

Do you remember where you were?

4 comments:

  1. Sowing oats and barley if I remember correctly, and listening to the radio in the tractor while I was doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember exactly where I was...I remembering it happening tho..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This I do not remember where I was; however, September 11, I remember exactly where I was . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Driving from Herington Ks. to Junction City Ks. Sound familiar. We had just finished a job in Herington and our next stop was Junction City. We were followed by a police car that quickly turned into about 20 patrol cars and un-marked vehicles. We were driving a 79 T-bird. The first reports that came out about possible vehicles were older model light colored cars. Our was white. We never got pulled over but they followed us for several miles. Talk about nervous.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.