buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, April 4, 2011

One of those days....

Had one of those again. You know the kind of day where there is no initiative whatsoever to be found and any inkling of a give-a-damn that you might have had has busted? Yep. That was me today.

It didn't start off well when I went out to start up the She-Beast and the battery was dead once again. So I hooked her up to the charger and let her sit for a couple of hours. The only thing that I really wanted to do was to take the bags of leaves and stuff from the "patio area" (as I've decided to call it) to the landfill, so I wasn't that put out that she didn't start.

(Patio area just sounds so much better than "that concrete area beside the house where the picnic table is" dontchathink?)

So after the battery charged up, we loaded up the bags o' crap and headed off to the landfill. It's only a couple of miles outside of town so it's not a huge deal to go out there, but I stopped and got the boys some drinks to keep them amused. The guy at the landfill scale was his usual jovial self (I would think that would be a job requirement for working in a place like that) and gave the boys some lollipops as we pulled across the scale. He did earn some bonus points from me when he made some sly comment about how I must be their babysitter because I certainly didn't look old enough to be their mother - I thanked him and pulled away, trying not to wreck from rolling my eyes so hard at his obviously overdone compliment.

I dumped the bags of leaves in the compost area as quickly as I could and got back out of there before I was overtaken by the noxious fumes and we headed back home with a quick stop at the car wash to vacuum out the back end of the She-Beast. Come to think of it, I don't think I put the back seat back into place when we got back, but I can deal with that tomorrow.

Other than that, we've done a whole lot of nothing today. I did mop the bathroom floor, so I guess that counts for something. And I did actually make myself some enchiladas for supper instead of going out to get something that didn't require cooking. And I did do a 20 minute workout video.

So maybe I haven't been as lazy as I thought I was. But I still feel like I got nothing accomplished. I've spent more time sitting in front of this computer than I needed to - that's one thing that I know for sure. But in my defense, I've also had a lot on my mind today. I can't even really put my finger on it, but I've just been doing a lot of thinking about a lot of different stuff. Maybe one of these days I'll put it into words - but for right now, I just need to process it. If there's one thing that I've learned about myself over the past couple of years, it's that it's best for me to take the time to process these thoughts and work through them on my own - I read something really interesting in another blog today and I'm going to try that - a way of journalling to work through issues to get to the root and then work through it.

So for now, I am going to keep processing, do a little bit of cleaning, take out the trash, run the blasted dishwasher before I forget to do it AGAIN, and try to get some sleep so that I'm not a zombie when I do my 7 miles tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.