buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Insanity is brewing....

Two years ago, the kids and I made a cross-country trek to Pennsylvania and back to visit family and friends. I haven't been back home since then, and I've been itching to go. So now that we have new wheels, I am seriously considering another trek.

The 2009 trip crossed 7 states and was a total of 2941 miles from start to finish over a period of 11 or 12 days. It was an amazing trip, and we had so much fun! Believe it or not, other than one major (videotaped) outburst from the boys, it was peaceful - my kids like to travel! It was so great to be able to get away from everything and just take my kids and go - we didn't have a really tight schedule and didn't *have* to be anywhere by any certain time so we really enjoyed it. We packed lots of food and drinks in the ice chest and basically only stopped for gas and potty breaks, so we made really good time. We got to see some friends that I hadn't seen in *gasp* 20 years and we spent some time with family as well.

I am considering a bigger trip this time - I have been bouncing ideas off of a few friends and figuring and refiguring routes to include things that we want to do. Right now, if we manage to do EVERYTHING, it will be a total of 3708 miles - that's just from stop to stop, not including the running around we'll be doing at each place. One leg of the trip is still extremely tentative and may not happen at all - if we have to skip that portion it will still be 2880 miles.

And get this - if we do it all, we will cross 18 states and Washington, DC! How cool is that? If that leg is skipped, then it will be 12 states plus DC. There will be a couple of long days in there - upwards of 16-17 hours of drive time - but there will also be some days that only include 3-4 hours of driving, so it'll all even out. And as anyone who knows me know - I *love* to drive!

Have caffeine, will travel!!!


So, as plans progress and more details are worked out, I will be making announcements. And with the wonders of modern technology nowadays, we can even blog along the way! ;) ....although I might try to get a laptop before then so that we don't have to do it all via phone.

But for now, I have to put aside the plans and get back to real life. There are dishes that need to be done, laundry that needs to be done (go figure), and I really need to mop the floors (ew).

And in case you missed the announcement from earlier this evening, click here!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sounds like fun, can I come? LOL I love road trips too... My two oldest are going to DC for 5 days with their school. I am jealous as I have never been.. Wanted to chaperone, but that would have been alot more money.. oh well, someday!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.