buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A blog post about...well, blogging.

When I started this blog back in January, I really had no intentions of taking it anywhere. It was more for fun than for anything else and I didn't really take it seriously at first.

But then some crazy things started happening in my life. I turned 40 and got divorced on the same day, for starters. Then, my ex-husband passed away very unexpectedly. Those were the two big things - huge things - but there have been lots of little things since then as well. And rather than annoy everyone on facebook with all of my little stuff, I've been blogging about it instead! ;)

I have found blogging to be very therapeutic. It has helped me to work through the big stuff and the little stuff. It has given me a place to vent, to brag, to babble, and even to make some new friends. I've connected with people who have been in some similar situations, and we've been able to talk about things that we have gone through to get each other's perspectives. I have also found some really amazing blogs that I've started following - if you want to check some of them out, look at the list of the blogs that I follow. I have "met" some really neat people by doing this, and I hope to be able to keep doing it.

I've started to make some changes to the blog itself to attract more followers, like adding a facebook page, using Twitter, adding an RSS feed (still can't figure that thing out), and things like that. I've been gaining followers (who would have thought that anyone would be interested?) throughout the process, which has been really cool. I don't know how far this will go, or if it will go anywhere, but I like to do it.

So, there may be some more changes coming soon - I want to change the look around a little bit and tweak the layout some, so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to tell me. I think I've fixed the comments so that anyone can leave one (apparently that was messed up before) or you can tell me on my facebook page or on twitter...whatever works best!

So, for those of you who have read from the beginning and are still around, thank you! For those of you who have just connected with me recently, thank you! Hopefully I won't bore you to tears with my daily (or almost daily) babbling!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Follow Non-Stop Mom on facebook! Click here
And now on Twitter too! Click here

5 comments:

  1. Hey.... your thing at the bottom about following.... do you type that up for each post? Or is there a way to automatically put it at the bottom of each post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if there's a way to do it automatically or not, but I just copy and paste it from the previous post each time (assuming that I remember). I obviously forgot to post a picture on this one. *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying blogging as well and am relatively new to it. There is a lot to learn! I laugh at myself when I'm sitting alone in the office, at the computer, and I finally figure something out and leap a little out of my chair, cheering myself on and patting myself on the back. It's fun, right? By the way, I was a single parent for 9 years before meeting my husband. But, I only had one child at the time. I can't imagine doing it with more than that! While also keeping up with a blog!? Great job, and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here to follow from Heather's site. Love it! I am a single mom as well, and blogging really helps!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.