Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Easter eggs, Clydesdales, Playgrounds, and Poop

Talk about a busy day!

We were up early to get the older kids ready to go with their dad, and then the younger two and I were hanging out with no real plans. I got online and just happened to check the local newspaper at about 12:30, and found out that there was an Easter Egg hunt. Today. At 1:00.

"Boys! Get your shoes and get in the van! We're going on an Easter egg hunt!!!" They were stoked, to say the least.

There were way too many kids for the number of available eggs, and when the hunt was over (30 seconds after it started) my boys had a grand total of 2 eggs each. But, a friend from church was there and her boys gave my boys each another egg, so they were ok with their haul of three eggs each. We went back inside, had cookies and punch, and then left.

We drove around for a little bit (isn't that what you do when you get new wheels?) and I couldn't figure out why there was so much blasted traffic along the main drag through town. Then it suddenly dawned on me - the Budweiser Clydesdales were here! I had totally forgotten about it!

We have two Dillons stores here in town, and the team started at the store on the south end of town and went up the main drag to the north store. We live a block from the north store, so we went home, parked, and walked back to the store. There was also a fire truck there and the boys had fun exploring that as well as looking at the horses.

No, he didn't eat a Smurf. He had a blue coconut slush.

He almost couldn't hold the helmet up himself!

Beautiful boy, loaded up in the trailer and ready to go

After we got done with the horses and the fire truck, we went home and had a little supper, then we decided to go to a playground for a while. That trip didn't last long, as I realized that the 5 year old was toting around a load in his pants shortly after we got there.

So after a day of fun in the hot Kansas sun (it hit 90 degrees!) we came home, the boys got baths, I watched the end of the race, and the boys went to bed. I actually dozed off a little bit during the race - I think maybe I got too much sun today, but I loved every minute of it! I love hot weather, I love cold weather, I love it all - now, if I had just been prepared and worn sunscreen, I'd probably be a little more comfortable now. Oopsies.

Time to do some more laundry, clean up around the house, and get some sleep. Gotta' get up early for church tomorrow!


  1. Sounds like a fun day!! I love days of "Memory Making"!

  2. It was wonderful - especially since we woke up with absolutely nothing planned!


I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.