buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spelling bees, poetry recitals, and gardening....

It's been a busy couple of days, to say the least.

Yesterday morning was my daughter Emily's first spelling bee. She is an excellent student (straight A's all the time) and was selected to be one of the few to compete - an honor in and of itself. Unfortunately, her nerves got the best of her and she misspelled the first word of the first round. She was disappointed, but admitted that she just got scared by all of the people watching her.
She still looked adorable!


This afternoon, Daniel and I went to our friends' house to work on the garden for a couple of hours. He was NOT in the mood to be there (the joys of falling asleep for the last 5 minutes of the ride and then being rudely awakened to get out of the van) but he still managed to get himself filthy dirty by the time I was done.

It was such a beautiful day out....a stark contrast to the horrible weather that has been happening back east.

Then tonight was Jared's first poetry recital. He was awesome!

Add all of that in to the normal chaos of my life - laundry, dishes, cleaning, running kids back and forth to school, getting ready for both a 5K and a half-marathon this weekend....I have so many things to do in the next few days that I'm just hoping that I can maintain some semblance of sanity. But that's doubtful at this point!

6 comments:

  1. LOL I was just having that discussion with a friend - there is just something about that picture!

    And now I'm trying to "freshen up" the general appearance....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was also ousted from the first round of a spelling bee. She won her class bee and went on to the school bee, but was out on her first word. (she spelled miraculous wrong: meraculous). Anyway, the weather does look beautiful there! It's been nice here as well (Colorado), but I think that's supposed to change this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily missed on "stretch" - she spelled it "strech" I think. I know she knows that word - her spelling and vocabulary are excellent. She was just scared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the barbed wire shot too!! Great angle. Good luck on the marathon too, I am so proud of the girls for joining in as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girls are just doing the 5K - I'm on my own for the half. Eeeek.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.