buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award


This lovely award was given to me by Kar over at Flipside: Sanity is Overrated - I want to thank her for the honor (even if I am a little late in posting it!) and to show my gratitude, send a little reader-love her way. So go read her blog!

So the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:


*Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.

*Tell us seven things about yourself.

*Award fifteen recently discovered new bloggers.

So here goes....Seven Things About Me...


1. I am deathly afraid of dentists. I haven't been to one in over 10 years, other than taking my kids there, which practically requires a Valium and a Xanax. For me. I know, I know....

2. I also have a fear of flying. I would much rather drive across country than fly. It's a control thing. Yup. Want to torture me? Put me in an airplane with a dentist.

3. I have horrible stage fright. The thought of singing, speaking, or performing in front of anyone terrifies me. Yet, I love to sing. (Alone.)

4. I have been told more than once by unrelated people that my life story would make a good Lifetime movie, and that Sandra Bullock should play me. People are weird.

5. My favorite beverages include Diet Pepsi, Sugar Free Red Bull, and Yuengling Black & Tan.

6. I hate the color pink. And lacy stuff. It's too.....girly.

7. I have never watched American Idol. Nor do I have the desire to do so.

Whew. That was harder than I thought.

So now, to bestow the honor on 15 more bloggers.....these are blogs that I follow regularly, so go check them out!

1. A Little Something For Me - an amazing story about a little boy with Wolf Hirschhorn Syndrome.
2. Black Ink Pad - The Meandering Thoughts of a Gypsy Soul
3. Getting Out of My Boat - an inspirational blog about a young woman from the UK and her journey of faith
4. Mellon Blogs - a super funny mom and one of the first blogs I started following
5. Magpie Collective - day-to-day life of a woman who is even busier than I am!!!
6. Miracles Do Happen - the story of a beautiful woman with a gorgeous family!
7. Once Upon a Time...My Road to Fatherhood - a fantastic story of a man who chose to become a father through marriage - and proof that there are still good men out there. Somewhere.
8. Our Monkey Life - another single mom and her day-to-day life with her little monkeys!
9. Parenting - This Crazy Beautiful Life - one of my bestest real-life friends and her story of trying to make a blended family work through all of its ups and downs.
10. Mommy Rawks! - another great personal blog about a mom's life and feelings.
11. Twitamum - daily life of a mum from down under!
12. Uncarving the Block - She is a happy, free spirit, mother, wife, student, vegan, animal loving, wannabe cat lady who is enjoying the ride and loving the scenery. (OK, I admit it, I stole that description from her blog because it's just perfect for her!)
13. Wendy Can't Cook - another insanely busy mom!
14. Yes, Dear! - the musings of a working mother, also from the land down under!
15. Motherhood to Hollywood - a mom and celebrity news blogger with a killer sense of humor.

So, there you have it! Go read these blogs and show them some love! Bloggers love readers, and bloggers really love readers who follow them, and bloggers really really love readers who follow them AND leave comments. So, just in case you were bored today, you now have something to do.

You're welcome.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks Amy! I'm flattered that you would describe me as inspirational! (I write number 3, if anyone did want to take a look).

    I love the paragraph you ended this post with too - so true haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. W00T! My first award! I'd do a happy dance but I'm still in my pajamas, lol! Thank you so much, from blogger #5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Ames!! I'm honored and you totally lifted my bummed spirits. My first award ever from one of my best friends <3 you do know how to make a girl feel good :)

    Yep, I agree on the reader part as well lol.

    Thanks again,

    Blog #9 aka PrincessMommyPants aka Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thanks for the award and the sweet description!! I am #6.. I agree about dentists... Oh boy do I agree!! And about the blogger part, I love getting new followers and comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all very welcome!

    Now I get to work on my second award, which I got last night!! After a shower. And more caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'm touched! I'm also grateful there was no emphasis on the insane part :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the "heads up" on some great blogs! Congrats to you ALL!
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Amy!!! Thanks for the Award! (I'm #1 if you want to check me out) Now... how in the world am I supposed to think of 7 things to say about myself or 15 people to link up with? :)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.