buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis

Since I survived the half-marathon yesterday, I have to prepare for my next walk...

I am doing another walk this coming Saturday, for a totally different purpose. My great-nephew, Corban, is an absolutely darling 3 1/2 year old little boy. He loves to play and to do the typical little boy stuff. When my niece brings him to visit, my kids have a field day playing with him. In so many ways he is just a typical little boy. But there is one major difference. Corban has cystic fibrosis, a horrible genetic disease that drastically affects his life and the lives of those around him.



On May 7, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is holding their annual Great Strides Walk for CF. The walk is designed to raise awareness and money for research into this devastating disease. The walk is held all over the country in the hopes that money raised will be used to find a cure.

My kids and I have participated in this walk twice - we missed it one year because I was out of town for a wedding, but I plan to continue participating in it every year until a cure is found. Luckily, this is not a competitive walk - it is a leisurely stroll around the Sedgwick County Park on a Saturday morning, which is exactly what I will need after walking 13.1 miles a few days earlier.

Please, if you are able, help us out. Go to www.cff.org and click on the Great Strides link - see if there is a walk in your city in which you can participate. Look me up on there (let me make it easy... CLICK HERE) and make a donation. I don't remember the exact figure, but I believe that 90% of all money raised goes directly to research. This is a fantastic cause, and with everyone's help, hopefully we can eventually make "CF" stand for "Cure Found"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.