buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Caffeine Overload

This was one of those days where there just wasn't enough caffeine on the planet to keep me moving. After virtually mainlining it all day, I am now so hyper that I can't see or think straight, let alone type coherently. So because I can't think of anything really profound to say, let me just recap my day.

I got up almost an hour late this morning but luckily the kids were semi-cooperative and got moving fairly quickly so I was still able to whip up a batch of pancakes for them for breakfast. Did I have time to eat before we left? Nope. So how did I eat?
Yep. Pancakes and Red Bull to go, please. And yes, those were the clothes that I slept in. Deal with it.

Had to fill up the (still un-named) van today. Daniel and I ran a few errands and stopped at the gas station. That hurt.
And that was after the $0.20 per gallon discount. Oy.


Another example of how my kids can sleep anywhere. He took about a 4 hour nap like this today.

This evening, we got to go to a Policy Council meeting for Head Start. Yeah, I drew the short straw on that one and was coerced into volunteering for Policy Council by Alex's teacher. OK, fine, call it my civic duty or whatever. They told me it would take about an hour. WRONG! Try 3 hours. At least the kids were kept amused in another room the whole time.

Oh, and guess who the new secretary is for Policy Council. Yep. You guessed it. Now I *have* to go to the meetings and act all official-like. Uh huh. Sure. Someone's going to regret that nomination...

When we finally got out of the meeting - at 8:30pm - we stopped at Sonic to get some drinks. Of course, I got my Route-44-Vanilla-Diet-Coke-Extra-Vanilla-Very-Very-Easy-On-The-Ice-Please. As soon as we pulled out and started driving, I promptly dumped enough of it on my lap so that it ran down between my legs and soaked me. Yep. Got to drive the next 30 miles with ice cold soda in my crotch. That was fabulous.

Got home, immediately stripped out of my wet pants and put on a pair of sweats (aaaaaaahhhhhh sweats!) and started chasing kids into bed so that I could get stuff done.

I did learn a very important lesson tonight though:

What do you get when you cross 2 bloggers, a Virginia redneck, a Canadian-turned-Tennessean, a spider, a light saber, excessive amounts of caffeine, and facial scrub?

A facebook status that generates close to 50 comments within 45 minutes and causes soda to shoot out of one person's nose.

Man, I hope I can sleep at some point tonight.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you can't sleep....lol. This could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the noise gets figured out ! Meanwhile back at the ranch somebody's fixin' to go to bed ! Light sabre and all ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best laugh I stumbled on to for awhile! Love the part about driving in the clothes you slept in. I find myself doing that A LOT, glad I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, I think you should have a contest on your blog to name your gas-guzzling van! Give us a picture, descriptions, etc and we'll see what we can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Kar! I totally forgot about the award until RIGHT NOW!!!! I am going to work on that tonight, I swear!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.