buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Some storm shots

While the local meteorologists were predicting massive storms that sounded as though they were to level the entire state, they turned out to not be that bad here in this area. There were a few moments when I got a bit nervous, but nothing major. We did finally get some much-needed rain, so I'm not going to complain a bit about what we got. T

Sadly, there were some fatalities in another area of Kansas and several in Oklahoma. My thoughts go out to their families - I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through right now.

Looking to the south at 4:36pm - scary cloud!


More clouds at 5:33pm


Finally some decent rain at 5:37pm


Wind started picking up at 5:38pm



Short video, but I actually caught a lightning strike


A break between the storms at 6:41pm


Looks so peaceful....6:41pm


Still a lull. Or maybe it was another one. I lost track, but I took this one at 7:20pm.


By the end of the evening, we went through 4 separate rounds of storms. They each looked like they were going to be worse than what they turned out to be, and because I'm odd and like storms, I was a bit disappointed! But at the same time, I was glad that the boys and I didn't have to take shelter in the bathtub (yes, that's our plan since we don't have a basement).

At least now, the garden shouldn't have to be watered for a few days, so I can go on vacation and not worry about it.

Oh yeah...vacation. I should really start to think about packing...which means that I have do laundry. *sigh*

10 comments:

  1. AWESOME pix Amy!! Glad you enjoy storms...my youngest son (grown man btw lol) loves rain ! Didn't get it from me...
    The pictures are great...ESPECIALLY the one with the flag! just awesome...also the lightening capture was cool too!
    When do you leave for your vacation?? Hope it is soon and that you have a great time...how nice to get away for a bit,hm??
    Thanks for the great post..
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... was it jsut me or did that lightening flash IN FRONT of the tree where you were?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mare! I'm dropping my 3 older kids off at school Thursday morning (their last day) and then I'm heading out with the two youngers ones straight from there. We're going to OKC to pick up a girlfriend and her son and then we're heading down to SE Texas for a few days. It will be SOOOOOO nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, it did look like it, didn't it? But no, it didn't. If it did, I wouldn't be sitting here right now - or if I was, my hair would be really curly! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW thats some crazy shit. Glad you're all ok. We get some tornados here in Minnesota too, but not nearly as bad as OK, KS, MO, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're ok! Nice pics & that lightening flash did look really close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good time waiting to happen!! Hope you all have fun ...and hope someone is picking up the 3 older kids from school LOL!! (sorry, that probably wasn't funny was it???)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no Mare! I knew I forgot something! ;)

    Their father and stepmother are actually taking them to Texas as well - their trip was planned first though. They are going to be gone for 9 or 10 days :( so it's a good time for me to disappear too. They are going to different places than I am though. Going to be tough not seeing them for that long, but if (when) I make the trip back east, we will be gone for 2 weeks so it all evens out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool pics of the storms.. I like thunderstorms too, but my dog doesn't!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful pictures. I need a camera that doesn't do double duty as a phone!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.