buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A little bit of fundraising - with a twist

So as you all know, we've been planning TMOART:2012 for several months.

However, our plans keep changing. The biggest change of plans came in the form of my class reunion being cancelled. Yes, cancelled. One of the two major reasons for even doing this trip, gone. *sigh* But, we're not letting it stop us. We're just changing our intended route so that we can do a few more things along the way....or, sort of along the way.

But along with changes of plans comes changes in the budget. I had planned to stay at my parents' house for a few days, but that is not possible for many reasons this time around. So, we're going to camp at a beautiful lake/park about 25 miles away - which adds more money to the budget that we need to make this trip happen. Since the class reunion isn't happening, we might go see some friends who we haven't planned on seeing - so although we can stay with them, it's going to take some extra gas to get there.

Right now, we actually have just over $1100 set aside, and we could probably do the first part of the trip on that amount (I have more money coming in while we're on the road) so I'm not terribly stressed about it right now - except that it seems like more and more expenses keep creeping in to surprise me. I know that we have to get 2 new tires on the van before we go, and there are a few other little odds and ends that need to be done.

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to have a little online auction with some of the stuff that I've made. I'm going to start out today with 3 quilts that I have that are completed, and I might add more items along the way. The auction is going to be on my facebook page - if you don't have a facebook account, you can contact me directly to place a bid (and you can do that by emailing me at non-stopmom@hotmail.com) - but you should still be able to see the pictures even if you're not on facebook.

I will be posting the pictures of the quilts (and anything else that I add to the auction) in a separate album - I haven't gotten that far yet today, but I hope to do that sometime tonight, or tomorrow morning at the latest. So keep your eye out and see if there's something that you like!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have one. Maybe someday I will be able to afford to buy one from you. They are beautiful. Have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.