buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Cutting wood.....

As I mentioned yesterday, we had some wood in the back yard that needed to be cut up today. The kids and I went out and started working on it this morning, and worked through most of the afternoon.

I have to say - the girls busted their butts out there. I don't know that I've ever seen them work so hard on anything before this. The boys alternated between "helping" and playing, but for the most part stayed out of the way and out of trouble. We got a ton of stuff done, but there is still so much more to do. We really need to get our hands on a chainsaw to get it done, but as long as we can get the massive piles out of the way, I'll be happy.

Needless to say, we'll have camping firewood for a very long, long time.



This pile is mostly going to be bundled up and put out for the city to take.


Look! Clear spot!



The older 3 kids left tonight to go on vacation with their dad, so they won't be back here for about a week and a half....which kind of stinks, but since I'm taking them for 2 weeks the end of June, it all evens out in the end.

Tomorrow's plan is to clean up around here some, and then go over to The Dude's house to help him do some cleaning. His mom is in the hospital so we're going to get some things around the house taken care of before she gets home - so it's going to be yet another busy weekend for us. All I know is that I am avoiding my backyard for tomorrow - I have a feeling that my muscles are going to make that a necessity.

4 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! Good work ... doesn't it make you feel great when the kiddos surprise us in a GOOD way! :)
    Hoping The Dude's mom feels better soon..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We actually had fun doing it too - but I'm hurting a bit today. ;)

      She'll be fine - she's in the right place and is already on the road to recovery. Sometimes there's just a little bump in the road.

      Delete
  2. GOOD JOB. SO SORRY YOU HAD ALL THAT MESS TO CLEAN UP BY YOURSELF. I WOULD THINK THE LANDLORD WOULD HAVE SOMEONE COME AND HELP YOU BUT THEN THAT WAS THE OLD DAYS. I COULD JUST FEEL YOUR PAIN. YOU SHOULD GET THE SUPER MOM OF THE YEAR. WHERE DO I VOTE? LOL.
    I ALSO HOPE HIS MOM WILL BE OK SOON.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The landlord only planned to cut a few branches right around the house - I asked him to take down the dead stuff and he agreed to do it if I'd clean it up. Honestly, it was too good of a deal to let go - the dead stuff was a nightmare every time the wind blew, and now we have free firewood - not to mention that I feel like I worked out in a gym yesterday! LOL

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.