buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A dirty day

Daniel didn't have school again today, so he and I spent most of the day with The Dude, running around and doing errands. The first place we went to was this little garage that sells used tires. This place was totally old-school - it's owned and run by a man who invited us out to the garage while he took the old tire off of the rim and mounted a slightly-less used one on it. Daniel and I wandered around the garage and took a few pictures while The Dude watched the guy change out the tire.


My favorite shot of the day


After that, we went and paid some bills, grabbed some lunch, and while I went and shopped for some plants for my house The Dude took Daniel to a dollar store and a video game store nearby. Daniel came out with a "treat", but I'm not sure which one of them enjoyed it more!



They had to trade hats...


After that, we went back to The Dude's house and hung out for a little bit until it was time to go get Alex from school, and then the boys and I ran to the grocery store to get a few things for supper before we came home. Then we went outside and started playing in the dirt. While I have a yard that is more than big enough for a garden, I have no outside water source (stupid ghetto-esque house) so I just got a few tomato and pepper plants to put in buckets on the porch.



I also got some strawberry plants to put in my hanging bags to see if maybe, just maybe, I could grow them this year. But when I got everything planted and ran inside to fill the watering can, I realized that I had a problem.



Figures. Guess I'm adding "watering can" to my next shopping list.

Alex found a pet



After we were done playing in the dirt in the front yard, we went around back for a while so that the boys could make sure that they got dirty enough to be happy.




While they played, I sat on the back steps and surveyed the yard and realized what I am going to do for the 6 hours that I am totally kid-free tomorrow (Daniel has a zoo field trip)...I'm going to be cutting the grass. Yay me.


After that we came inside, the boys got baths, we ate supper and watched TV, Alex pooped on the floor, the boys went to bed, I mopped the living room and worked on laundry.....

Yep. Just another day.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT POST TODAY. ALL IN THE LIFE OF AMY. DON'T TELL GRAMPS BUT IT WOULD BE EASY TO HAVE A CRUSH ON THE DUDE. DOES HE LIKE COUGERS?OLD, OLD COUGERS? LOL, LOL, LOL, GIGGLE LIKE A GIRL GIRL.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.