buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

An afternoon at the lake

Since I only have Daniel and Alex today, The Dude and I decided to take them to the lake for a few hours. Although they were super excited to go, we were a little hesitant because it was so incredibly windy. But, we went. I actually got a little farther into the water this time - almost to my shoulders even! But it was so cold that I just couldn't take it. Yes, I'm a wimp when it comes to that, and I freely admit it.

Luckily, The Dude was able to tough it out and so he played in the water with the boys for a while. We forgot to take their lifejackets (oops) so we had to be even more cautious than usual but they still had a ball!

Daniel did get tired before Alex (no surprise there) and came up and hung out on the blanket with me for a while - and almost fell asleep. Alex stayed in the water and played with The Dude until they were both worn out.






And a couple of videos. I know the quality sucks - I need to play around with the camera and see if there's a way to correct that. But even if you can't see much, you can at least hear the wind.





It really was a good day. The Dude and I got some time to just sit and talk while the boys played in the sand, and we had a great time just hanging out with each other. I'm really looking forward to the kids getting out of school for the summer so that we can go to the lake (and go camping) more.

But for now, I'm going to try to get a little bit of cleaning done - the house isn't too disgusting right now, and I'd kind of like to keep it that way!

2 comments:

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.