buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

What a difference a day makes....

Talk about having better attitudes today...

The kids all slept in a bit, and then they got up and made themselves breakfast (toast) and cleaned up *most* of their mess. I had to remind them to put some of the stuff away, but all in all, it was good.

It took us a little while to get moving, but we finally headed out to the lake early this afternoon...


Daniel wasn't really into the whole water thing this time, so he and I hung out on the shore for most of the day while the other kids enjoyed the water.


Emily certainly enjoyed it.


Alex had another run-in with a bee, but this time we won.


We had a Lunchable and Gatorade lunch and then they just kept right on going...


My view from the blanket....


We had a visitor, who was determined to get some of our crackers.


Alex loves to find bugs.


I played around with my camera and the sand for a little bit.


Yeah, it was a little toasty out. But it was perfect for the lake.


We did get to see a snowman though...


And we did finally make it to Burger King.


Sadly, someone had yet another "accident" and so he had to sit out while everyone else played on the slides.


Jared and Daniel were definitely having fun with it.


I also learned a valuable lesson. When applying sunscreen to the kids, remember to apply it to yourself. SPF 50 is great stuff - if you remember to use it.







So as of right now, Alex is in bed (that's what happens when you poop in your pants around this house) and the other 4 are watching movies. Peacefully. Without arguing. The house is almost clean, and they all got showers before we left the lake so we can just relax for a while. I think I'm going to finish up some of my online stuff that I need to do and then I'm going to sew for a while.

Let's hope that tomorrow goes as smoothly....

7 comments:

  1. Ouch. Hope the sunburn goes away quickly !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved catching you at BK! Your kids are doing great and so are you! Get some lotion on that burn, girl. (I don't have a clue what this "profile" stuff means, so going anonoymous.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason - it'll get worse tomorrow, and I'll be cranky and miserable, and then it'll go away! LOL

    Lynnette - see, I know who you are! Bahaha! It was good to see you and Miss T too. One of these days we just need to get together and let the kids run amok somewhere.... Save me a seat on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great day...minus the sunburn. I'm glad today was a much easier day for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was much better. As for the sewing that I intended to do tonight, I got as far as turning the iron on and rearranging some pieces on the ironing board. But my futon looks way too comfortable.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOUND LIKE ONE FUN DAY AT YOUR HOUSE. SORRY ABOUT THE SUNBURN. [NOT FUN]

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's almost like heaven! Sounds like a wonderful day! Better than ours was yesterday and I can't even blame the kids.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.