buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happiness is....

....making it to church (almost) on time this morning.

....spending most of the afternoon fishing with good friends at our little bitty lake just outside of town.


....being able to be the rescuer for friends who were stranded with a broken-down vehicle, after the numerous times that I've had to be rescued myself.

....having all 5 of my kids under one roof again for the first time in almost 2 weeks.

....getting hugs and kisses from the kids as soon as they saw me when I picked them up from their father's house.

....hearing the older 3 kids recount every. single. second. of their vacation and seeing the excitement in their faces as they shared story after story.

....having 4 kids want to sleep in the same bed because they all missed each other so much.

....listening to the aforementioned 4 kids bickering because someone is hogging up all the space in the bed.

....looking around the house and surveying the damage done in the short amount of time that we've been home (less than an hour) but realizing that in the grand scheme of things, clutter and dirty laundry and empty Capri Sun packages are worth it to have my family back together again, even if it's only for a day.

9 comments:

  1. Screw dating, you are blessed.

    But yeah, you probably should get back on that dating pony no matter how it bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly a few kids can destroy a house.
    In my case, they're happy to see one another for about fifteen seconds, and then someone's breathing too loud or looking too hard or something equally annoying.
    I'm envious that yours get along better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh trust me....it didn't last. They got sent to separate beds shortly after I posted that, and there have been several fist fights already this morning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SOOOO very much with your help last night. I was getting worried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. Oh - and I totally got a mental picture of you dragging kids into church the way we do. (And we only have 3 - not 5) ... but it seems every Sunday it is a SPRINT from start to finish and I end up looking like I just rolled out of bed because of all the running around I do. Anyway - that is how I pictured you too :) Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roy, not a problem! Glad I could help!

    Kristen, luckily I only had the two little ones, and they LOVE to go to church so that they can play with Miss Cindy (they lady in the nursery). So they are always ready to go way before I am. I usually end up jumping in the shower at about 9:40, throwing some clothes on, tossing them in the van, and getting there by 10:05 or so. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.