buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Doing a whole lot of nothing, and having fun doing it...

Today was just a typical day. Nothing special, really. But it was good.

We got up early, had breakfast, and the older 3 kids left with their father until Wednesday. *sigh* So it's just me and Daniel and Alex until then.

We hung around the house most of the day. I did some cleaning and some paperwork while they played. Then we decided to walk into town to go to the library so that the boys could get some movies and I could get a couple of quilting books.

I'm still not quite sure why *I* get anything from the library. I get the books that I "want", I keep them for the allowed 3 weeks, and then I hurriedly renew them online for another 3 weeks, and then I return them a few days late, never having opened them. I try, though. Every time I pay a library fine (today it was 50 cents) I just tell myself that I'm doing my part to provide financial support to the library. And every time I get a new book out, I tell myself that I'm really going to read it....this time.

Anyway, after we got our supply of books and movies, we headed back towards home, with a slight detour to Sonic.



They needed ice cream. It was hot out, you know.


I could do an entire post about the bizarre places my kids fall asleep in....or on.



Then they got spiffed up with some new haircuts.


Not a bad day, all in all.

6 comments:

  1. A nature walk, chilling in the library, and ice cream? That sounds like a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much of a nature walk, going through town, but we did see a squirrel and some flowers. And the "aminal ketching truck" (aka Animal Control). And a police car.

    It's the little things in life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - the messy, drippy ice cream pictures are just wonderful! I'm addicted to Sonic Blasts, and it doesn't help that our local Sonic is just a short bike ride away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, sitting outside eating ice cream cones in 90+ degree heat might not have been such a good idea, but they loved them! LOL I live about a block from Sonic - bad, bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMY, I REALLY NEEDED TO SEE THESE PICTURES THIS MORNING AS I WAIT FOR MY CHURCH SERVICE TO COME ON TV. NEVER MISS IT.I JUST NEEDED TO HAVE A LAUGH. I CAN'T GO TO CHURCH ANYMORE BECAUSE I HAVE TO SIT WITH MY LEGS UP MOST OF THE TIME BECAUSE OF NUMB FEET.
    YOUR CHILDREN ARE JUST SO CUTE AAND I LOL AT THE PICTURE OF YOUR YOUNGEST , EYES CLOSE , ICE CREAM ALL AROUND HIS LIPS BUT WANTING A NAP. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. KEEP THE PICTURES COMING.

    GRANNY TAMPA

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you liked them, Granny! We are actually thinking about taking a walk to the store here in a little bit - I need to get a lightbulb for my old sewing machine so that I can get that one fired up too for some other projects.

    So much to do, so little time.... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.