buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Fireworks, power tools, and why I never get anything done.

A few shots of the fireworks from last night...




It was really really dark on the walking path on the way home, but I thought that this looked really cool. It was under one of the bridges and was one of the only places on the 1+ mile walk that was lit at all.

I tried cleaning up the house today. I got the living room pretty much organized, then went into the girls' room to strip and remake their beds. When I came back out to the living room, this is what I found:


Yep, that's the couch, moved out into the middle of the floor by a 4- and a 5-year old. Hardwood floors are nice in that it's easy to move furniture around, but sometimes it's too easy.

Then I had to stop to fix a table that I found in pieces in the girls' room. I do vaguely remember them saying that the top came off of it.


FYI: That's a 3" concrete screw. That top had better not fall off again.

So, instead of getting tons of stuff done today, I got lots of little things almost done. Laundry is started, but not done. The dishwasher is loaded, but hasn't been run. The couch has been put back in place, and most of the toys are put away.

I think I'm just running on empty at this point. I'm tired. Not just tired, but really, really tired. Looking at my calendar for the week is just making it worse. I have a meeting to go to tomorrow night that is about 50 miles away, I have to get down to my friends' house to work on the garden, I now have another craft show on Saturday, and I have a birthday party and a Fourth of July party on Sunday. In amongst all of that, I have to clean and do laundry and get to the grocery store and do about a billion other things.

So, I'm seriously considering putting the boys to bed here in the next few minutes, and crashing. It's only 9:00, and I honestly think that I could go to bed right now and sleep straight through until morning.

Yep, I think that's what I'm going to do.

8 comments:

  1. I am totally going to bed early tonight too. Something in the air? We are all just exhausted here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to go to bed an hour ago....and I still sit here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! I'm tired just *reading* about how busy you are. Seriously, people like you amaze me: I don't know how you do it all. If it were me, I'd have given up when the couch was in the middle of the room, laid down on it to admire the new perspective, and then taken a nap.

    Hope you get some good rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMY, BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BLESS YOUR LITTLE HEART.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWW!!!! It's amazing what you find when you leave a 4 year old alone in a room....

    I EMPATHIZE!!!

    I wrote some more interesting article Posts today.
    Would love your opinion.

    www.kaerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com

    KATERI~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today is catch up day. It's not going to be as hot as I thought, so I believe I will put off the lake for one more day. Clean today, lake tomorrow.

    Yep yep. That's the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh. i was so going to bed a few hours ago.... and still here I am too. it must have been in the air= yesterday the twins (2) moved the love seat out into the middle of the living room and dumped all their toys out. *sigh* I'm so with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Kristen! LOL I'm sorry! What is it with these kids lately? I am so taking them out to the lake tomorrow to let them run. All day.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.