buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Why is it.....

...that when I have ideas for blog posts rattling around in my head all day, I can't think of a word to write when I finally sit down at my desk?

...that cold pizza is not a food group?

...that no matter what I do to organize this house, it still looks like a tornado just went through it?

...that on the nights that I plan to go to bed "early", I'm still up at 2am?

...that no matter how much laundry I do on any given day, there is still so much more left to do?

...that when I'm running late, I get stopped by a train?

...that I can keep my checkbooks balanced to the penny on an almost-daily basis, but can't remember to take the coupons (or the list) to the grocery store with me?

...that I can't remember to call people until the middle of the night, when most normal people are sleeping?

...that everything seems to break at one time?

...that this squirrel was laying on my sidewalk in my backyard, completely sprawled out, gnawing on a walnut for over an hour today? Was he drunk? Too tired to sit up like a normal squirrel? Were his little paws too tired to hold the walnut?

...that after all this time, I am still hesitant to write the "really deep" posts that I sometimes want to write?

...that I have another 5K coming up on Saturday, and I haven't done a single thing to prepare for it?

...that I can run myself ragged all day long doing things around the house, and still feel like I didn't get anything done?

...that I have so many crafty ideas in my head, but can't seem to get any of them made?

...that I don't have any chocolate in the house?





~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Transmission Fund update: $876.21 raised, out of the needed $2495.21 (35% of the way there).
If you want to help, you can click here.

10 comments:

  1. Why is it that:

    You don't give yourself enough credit for all the things you DO accomplish each and every day?

    After a long day,all those blog posts you thought about writing don't matter. What matters is you are able to stay awake long enough to post anything at all. I don't know how you do it.

    Cold pizza IS a food group.. in my house anyway.

    You have children. FIVE of them. Getting the house straightened up with kids (even just one) is like trying to shovel snow in a blizzard.

    Don't stress about not being able to finish all the laundry. I have two kids and my laundry is never finished.

    Trains are evil. They are scheduled to make all of us later than we already are.

    Balancing the checkbook is far more important than the grocery list and coupons. Obviously you've gotten by without them a time or twelve, you must be doing something right.

    You don't remember to call people until late because you're too busy doing other things. It's not until late when your brain stops focusing on all the daily tasks that you are able to think about who you should have called.

    Everything breaks at the same time to test your patience. Hopefully your sanity doesn't break along with everything else.

    That is the laziest squirrel I've ever seen.

    You are still hesitant to post the deep posts because even though you're probably the most open and honest person I've ever met, you still like to have your secrets and keep the rest of us wondering what's rattling around that brain of yours.

    5K? I had four cans of soda today. I haven't run in years. That you even plan to run in a 5k is amazing to me.

    You run yourself ragged around the house and feel like you haven't accomplished anything.. well, this goes back to shoveling snow in a blizzard...

    You should jump on the child labor train and force your children to do your crafty ideas. It will keep them busy and you can sit back and kick up your feet a while. In theory anyway.

    YOU DON'T HAVE CHOCOLATE IN YOUR HOUSE?????? I'm going to start a fund raiser and earn enough money to keep you stocked up on chocolate until the end of time! Every house should have chocolate in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      GRANNY YOU ROCK FOR SURE.

      GRANNY

      Delete
  2. ^^^^ that woman has all the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have answers for other people. I still can't solve my own problems..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that how it always is? I can coach people through the worst situations in their lives, but can't seem to get my head on straight! LOL

      Delete
  4. Jenn I LOVE LOVE your answers to all her questions, nobody could of said it better. Her post of daily events make me tired.
    -Stac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh jeez. The comments MADE the post all the more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.